Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,191   Online: 691

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by krifartida View Post
    what tank model are you using?
    3010?
    3005?
    3006?
    http://www.jobo.com/web/Expert-Drums.855.0.html

follow that link to Jobos website to see capacities near bottom of page.
    the amounts box is pretty murky at best.

the bottom line is for 3010\3006 NEVER use more then 350ml (or risk damaging the processor or the cog lid of the tank)
    for 3005 never more then 650ml.

sine the 3010 min capacity is 210ml i would say just fill it up and use max capacity chems thats the way i do it (though i use 2509 reels far more often).
    if you do BW you might want to consider putting only half the plates in the tank with max chems, that will bring you to about 70ml per place. with color it makes absolutely no difference, 350ml for 5 plates or 20 plates.

in any case NEVER OVER FILL any expert drums.

let me know if you have any other questions.
    Thank you that is exactly what I have been searching for. I have been using 260ml recently for black & white. The instructions that I have for the Jobo and the book, I have to get its name when I get home, talk about the 500ml and 800ml that I stated for color work with the 3000 series.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    See this document on preparing 1L solutions (simply multiply to adjust to any other size) for Kodak chemicals which includes C-41, E-6 and RA-4:
    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...is49/cis49.pdf

Edit: someone seems to have combined a whole bunch of Kodak tech sheets into an omnibus here and it also includes the one about capacity per litre for C-41:
    http://users.snip.net/~joe/z131.pdf
    I am following the instructions to make 1 L batches of chemicals. I see that there are measurements to make 1 L of Developer Replenisher but do I then have to mix THAT with my Developer Starter to make complete developer? I am trying to finish with a 1 L batch of usable developer.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    the answer is right there:
    page 5 of this PDF:
    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...is49/cis49.pdf

Table 4: Preparing Tank Solutions from Replenisher Solution

go to the section of c-41
    to make one litre:

start with 860ml dev replenisher add 126ml water and 14ml dev starter. total 1L
    easy.

these amounts are stupidly uneven and hard to measure with proper accuracy, but like i said in the PM, starter is not that crucial, and if you round up everything to the next decimal value (130+20ml) you will be 100% fine.

good luck!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As mentioned elsewhere, you don't really need a starter. Starters are more for labs who want consistent results run to run, the starter makes it less fresh, more replenished performance so that a fresh batch isn't different than a batch once you get things going. For home use you don't really need to worry, you can correct for any minor differences from sheet to sheet when printing.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin