Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,574   Online: 967

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I used Chrome when I first go into MF. I process at home now, but am sad to hear the news.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a place in Carlsbad: http://www.northcoastphoto.com/.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    There is a place in Carlsbad: http://www.northcoastphoto.com/.
    wow 2fer
    go sell them some stock for their website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just dropped off a few rolls at Chrome and talked to them about the situation. Here's what they told me:

1) They are ceasing to do film processing when they reopen, but will continue with their other services like reprints (with a digital workflow, however).

2) As far as they're aware, the only remaining games in town for E-6 are North Coast and Nelson Photo, who will be shipping it out to a place in San Clemente whose name escapes me (but about whom they said good things).

3) They have some miscellaneous things around the lab that will need to be put out to pasture, including at least one 4x5 enlarger. Locals in need of lab gear might want to drop by and see what's of potential interest. (I also pointed them at APUG for their own edification and enjoyment.)

4) They suspected, but didn't know for sure, that North Coast wouldn't have the setup to process E-6 in 5x7 for me. Probably nobody but me cares, though. (But it's such a perfect format! What on earth is wrong with the rest of you? :-)

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The place in San Clemente is Swan.
    They've done good custom work for me on short notice. They're big-they are in Northern and Southern California, as well as some other western states, and have pick up and drop off service at camera shops all over. I can drop off film at my local camera shop and pick it up 3 to 4 days later. How's that for a throwback to the past?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wonder what they are doing with their processing equipment?
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin