Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,836   Posts: 1,582,413   Online: 911

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    PE: Kodak Dev/Repl RT(roller transport) bought from PDI Supply in Rochester, NY.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Then, if your Dmin density is over 0.20 in any color, you have a serious process or keeping problem. If it is below 0.20 and neutral to warm toned, then this is normal. If it is greenish in any way, you have a fog problem or chemical contamination.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you PE; that is both what I wanted to hear (I am not guilty of any process defect) and NOT what I wanted to hear (that this is considered 'normal'). I will have to live with this. The prints look fine but I know that if they were done digitally I would obtain just that little difference which, in comparison, can actually be noticeable. There is a tiny bit of 'dry down', like on some BW prints. - David Lyga.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like digital would be preferable to you with most things.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What about using Fotospeed CSP 100 as final wash or after final wash, isn't it supposed to brighten(and whiten)prints. I'm not familiar with color chems, but read about the stuff when I was considering color printing.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think that a point that must be made is that ALL reflection print materials have a minimum reflective density of about 0.1 in all three colors. This is just due to the laws of physics and chemistry. Baryta and Titanox have that characteristic. You will find this to be true with both digital and analog prints. There is nothing that can be done about it.

Now, digital prints maintain that value because if there is no density, then the ink or pigment is not applied.

With analog prints, all areas of the paper are treated with all of the chemicals and there is always some level of fog and stain. The fog is just normal random grains that develop and the stain is due to the process chemistry.

So, there you have it.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Someone should invent borderless prints.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    35mm
    RIchard Ide: the borderless prints do not solve the inherent problem: the degradation is still incorporated into the whole layer of sensitivity. It merely removes the immediately obvious degradation. I wish there was a way to reduce, overall, the density layer like with Farmers reducer for BW. - David Lyga.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    David,
    I understand the the problem, but it is one with no apparent solution. At least with BW there is an option if base fog is present.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you are talking about digital RA-4 prints and not inkjets, remember that they use the same or same kind of paper and same chemistry and thus suffer from exactly the same problem. You just usually get them with borders cut. If you are seeing a difference in white borders between a digital RA-4 print and analog RA-4 print, there is some kind of problem in your process... Or, if you use the old-style Supra Endura, it might have a bit higher Dmin than the papers used by digital printers. You can try the same papers they use, or try Fuji CA. I agree it's a little bit more white.

Also, blix can cause yellowish staining in some problem cases. As you are using Kodak chemistry, this probably isn't the issue but check that it's fresh and correctly mixed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin