Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,265   Posts: 1,534,320   Online: 775

Thread: Shooting EH-120

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooting 1978 Vintage EH-120

I have had this roll of High Speed Ektachrome laying around for quite a few years(dated Dec.1972N)and just for grunts-n-grins decided to shoot it.

Box speed is 160, what speed sounds right for now(38+ years old)?

Should I run it through my E-6 or process as B&W?

What kind of developing time for either?

Its loaded in my Mamiya C-220 ready to go.
    Last edited by Rick A; 06-24-2011 at 12:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well. Hve not shot such a new film but the 1960s ektachrome seem to work well around asa100-120 just reduced the speed a bit.
    I have never tried in E-6 if you do that LMK!
    Addicted to caffenol processing
    Will buy stereo cameras, Any Autographic camera with red bellows
    OR Any Vanity or Petitie Kodak Camera -working

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you process it in E-6, adjust temperature down to 68 degrees and adjust time accordingly. At normal E-6 temps, the emulsion will fall off.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I shot the film, rated it at 80 and fired away. So far, so good.

Mixed the Kodak E-6 chems to process, bad news. The first developer mixed alright, color looked good. Second developer, not so good, color looked alright from first pouch, second pouch was the killer, crystalized and wouldn't go into solution. Step three chems seemed alright, but second pouch was waxy and had floaties. Stabilizer was alright.

What the hey< tried them anyway. Developed at 70f, read where it would be safer, less base fog. Ran through the entire sequence to pull out ------blank film.

Well, the plus side, I practiced on my Jobo CPE-2, worked like a champ. The lift and motor work very well. I even heated it up to check the therm unit out, thumbs up. Anybody have any experience with Arista three step kits?
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't remember when Ektachrome went from E-4 to E-6, but there are some people around who still do an occasional batch of E-4.
    Geo.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin