Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,401   Online: 743

Shooter
    Medium Format

Jobo CPP-2 and 1520 tank?

Ok, I'm a little confused on this one here. I finally got around to getting my CPP-2 w/lift setup and decided to test it out by developing two rolls in a 1520 tank.

What I found was with the regular rollers, the tank was too small and it never came near the rollers. But when I put in the "extension" rollers, they were too tall, causing the tank to not sit level and the gears to make some horrendous noise. I compromised by not using the rollers at all, just letting it hang off of the white tabs and propping up the lift arm slightly to get the tank level (was drooping down a bit because of the play between the clips and the cog).

Obviously this is not something I want to do long term, so what is the solution? I like the 1520 tank but I do have the regular 2820 with reels as well. I guess I don't mind using that but for doing 2x135 films the 1520 is just perfectly sized.

Is there an adapter or special roller I am missing for the 1520?

Edit: Sorry mods, this should probably be in "Darkroom Equipment". Please feel free to move this for me. Thanks!
    Last edited by PeteZ8; 06-24-2011 at 09:45 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Wrong forum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteZ8 View Post
    Ok, I'm a little confused on this one here. I finally got around to getting my CPP-2 w/lift setup and decided to test it out by developing two rolls in a 1520 tank.

What I found was with the regular rollers, the tank was too small and it never came near the rollers. But when I put in the "extension" rollers, they were too tall, causing the tank to not sit level and the gears to make some horrendous noise. I compromised by not using the rollers at all, just letting it hang off of the white tabs and propping up the lift arm slightly to get the tank level (was drooping down a bit because of the play between the clips and the cog).

Obviously this is not something I want to do long term, so what is the solution? I like the 1520 tank but I do have the regular 2820 with reels as well. I guess I don't mind using that but for doing 2x135 films the 1520 is just perfectly sized.

Is there an adapter or special roller I am missing for the 1520?

Edit: Sorry mods, this should probably be in "Darkroom Equipment". Please feel free to move this for me. Thanks!
    Use the extensions, but turn them around so that they are not too high. See Attached Thumbnails.

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jobo rollers.jpg  
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Odd, that was how I had them. I'll have to go have at it again perhaps I missed something. Thanks for the quick reply and the diagram. Despite my attempts at Googling the answer I just could not find anything in the CPP manual on that.

Pete

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yep, just went and tried it again. Definitely sits a little too high in that setup. I have a 2nd CPP-2 with a lift (don't ask...) so later I'll try it on that one and see if there is a difference. Don't see why there should be, the only thing that could be an issue is if the metal tubes are bent which they do not appear to be, but it's worth checking.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Do you have the 1520 tank connected to the upper position of the Lift Unit?

If so, that's for the larger drums. It will hold the drum too far upward.

The 1500 series tanks must be connected to the lower position on the lift unit to place the drum to rest on the rollers in configuration #1 for the 1500 series tanks as shown in the diagram provided in post #2.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the reply Ian! Nope, definitely had it on the bottom position. The error is not huge, but just enough. Probably about 3/16" too high with the rollers in the position shown in the diagram above. On my way out the door I'll have to play with this again on Monday. Thanks again for the replies!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin