Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,052   Online: 1010

Shooter
    35mm

astia 100f exposed at 320

Hi all, I exposed a roll of astia 100f which I found kicking around at 320 instead of 100 Can anything be done. I don't ever use slide film so any help would be appreciated.
    David
    What's wrong is wrong even if everyone does it. What's right is right even if nobody does it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try asking for a two stop push as most slide film will be very dark underexposed by more than a stop.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It won't be pretty, but you can ask for two stop push development. I don't think you'll be happy with them as slides, but you might be able to get some useable images out with good scanning on a drum scanner.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've had satisfactory results with a two stop push with Astia - it should still be OK (mine has been). People used to regularly push Provia two stops and say the results were about the same as Provia 400 for grain.. Have a go, nothing to lose..

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Difficult situation, even on a good scanner, it's gonna be hard contrast. Might be good as a pushed colour neg, or pushed rehal colour neg scanned.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks gentlemen, I'll give it a go. It's only money.......
    What's wrong is wrong even if everyone does it. What's right is right even if nobody does it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would ask for a 1 1/2 stop push rather than 2 stops. That way, you reduce the amount by which you are pushing, and you end up closer to the 1 2/3 stops that you have underexposed by.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi', just got my film back from Peak today. I asked for a !/ !!one and one half stop push as nick suggeste and I am really happy with the results. They look slightly dark but the grain is good and the colour is nice and saturated. Really nice, many thanks
    David

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin