Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,896   Posts: 1,520,983   Online: 923

Shooter
    Multi Format

Fujimoto processor problems

Good morning!!

I recently had some odd color shifts when using my Fujimoto Processor and it appears to be a contanimation issue but while cleaning and checking everything I found that my temperature control in the first and second steps were out of control. My light would indicate that my heater was still on and when I checked the temp it was 135F and still climbing!! I turned the temp setting down until the light went out and after several hours the temp had dropped down to 85F!

Is this an easy fix or should I just disconnect the heaters and use this processor as a B&W processor at room temperature?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Which Model?

The fact that you could get the heaters to turn off might be a good sign. Before you go too far I'd double check, fill it up with cool water, set the temps again and see what happens. Checking the circuit board for moisture/contamination if you can. I've spend a lot of my life working with electronics and one of the first rules is to see if you can replete the trouble. Of course the first rule is: If the magic blue smoke escapes you are in deep trouble!

George

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My CP31 has a flaky digital thermostat. I replaced it with an analog thermostat bought online that was originally prototyped and made to control house furnace fan run times.
    I now run my bath 1 as a pre wet, and run the OEM analog thermostat controlled tank 2 as the developer, and tank 3 analog oem thermostat as bleach/fix.

I have gradually been replacing the electrolytic capacitors in mine. The W/D moduel when flaky first, and new capacitors worth perhaps $8 brought ti back to working fine.

I have replaced the soldered on battery on the main board of the processor witha ni-cad from a portable telephone, when the old one would not remeber the speed I had set it to, etc.
    I am holidaying now until 18 July. PM me if you can wait a while for more detials. I have 4 spare analog furnace thermometers and the notes of when I replaced mine around the house somewhere.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Update

Good afternoon,

My Fujimoto is a CP30, which I believe would be the predecessor to the CP31. I recently tried to duplicate the temperature problem and I noticed a couple of things...
    1. Once the temperature finally decided to "settle down" it was never at the same point and it was NOT repeatable
    2. Whenever I removed the cover I noticed that the cover was literally dripping wet, which I think may have been the cause of one of my previous problems, green cast in my color prints. I think a slight contamination and excessive temperature was main culprit.
    3. When ever I tried to move the pot to set a new temp, I would just barely move it and I could see a 20 degree (or more) temp shift!!
    So do you think my Fujimoto is relatively easy to fix?

Thanks!!

Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Last question first, easy fix - sure why not!

I don't have any info on the CP30 but I'm guessing it's close to the 31 in design.

The fan in the 31 is supposed to keep some of the condensation down, make sure it's running. Although with run away temps it might not help much.

Sounds like the temp control pots have become very touchy maybe intermittent. Control pots and moisture are never idea. Here is the easy fix. Find some good spray cleaner for the pots and give it a try. Give them a good spin while cleaning after everything is dry try again and see if it worked.

If that fails then the next easy fix will likely involve a soldering iron.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I appreciate the the advice but where am I to use the soldering iron?? Hopefully tonight I can set everything back up with a water bath and verify erratic temperature changes.

I love the Fujimoto processor because at 11" it will handle 98% of my needs. And as an added benefit the chemical usage is miniscule compared to my Durst 16" processor.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The soldering iron would be used to start replacing parts. As Mike mentioned above capacitors can die of heat and old age. The pots may need replacing if too much moisture has got to them. Some test equipment might help as well. With luck the temp probes are okay, they might be hard to find replacements for.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin