Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,652   Online: 1143

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RA4 problems

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well I can use any temperature I want if I use drums since I do have a Jobo. But I've done prints in drums and find them a huge PITA, so the discussions here on using RA4RT replenisher in trays at room temperature really caught my eye.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Plus theirs only go down to 83F. My darkroom is enough warmer than 68F to make that an impractical temperature, but it's not usually 83. I'd prefer to use whatever the ambient temperature is at the time, but it is easier to raise it and keep it constant than to lower it and keep it constant.
    With my experience with C41 film development (and development in general) it's good to pick a temperature and stick with it. Consistency of temperature (and process in general) makes troubleshooting much easier when problems arise.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Well I can use any temperature I want if I use drums since I do have a Jobo. But I've done prints in drums and find them a huge PITA, so the discussions here on using RA4RT replenisher in trays at room temperature really caught my eye.
    I modified an old Ilford CAP-40 roller transport unit for printing. I was using the jobo at first because the roller transport wasn't ready yet but now that it is I can say the roller transport is awesome to use even from the small bit of experience I've had thus far. It was very easy to do and CAP40's can be found for quite cheap. If you'd like the part number for the replacment drive pulley and the new drive belt let me know. I can also detail the process (been meaning to do it in a blog post).
    Last edited by SeanEsopenko; 07-15-2011 at 05:36 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: appending information

Shooter
    Multi Format
    While I generally agree about film my experience with Tetanal RA4AT showed very little variation with temperature. I don't mind if I need a slight color pack tweak per session. So I'm hoping using the Kodak stuff works as well without the yellow whites from faulty blix.

That said a RT machine would be awesome. I'll drop you a PM soon, thanks!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Too bad you're on the other side of the country, cause I have a clean 20" roller-transport unit I don't even use. The problem with tray dev is that after awhile expoure to the open chem can lead to allergic sensitization, esp at elevated temp. If you are working with stainless trays it's easy to keep the temp
    constant by using a water jacket larger tray below and a thermoregulator, or just tweaking with a dripping inlet line.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin