Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,470   Posts: 1,570,915   Online: 873

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey there Bob. 127.0.0.1 is a location in Texas. OK, well, it's one of those universal locations that exist everywhere. You know, there's no place like home(node), or localhost, as the case may be.

Yes, I can easily order from Adorama, and there might even be a camera store or two in Dallas I can buy chemicals from. The problem is knowing what to get. I haven't done any RA-4 printing in about 6 years. The last time I did it, there were Kodak 5 liter kits avaialble that had everything in them. Now it appears that the kits are gone and I have to buy the individual concentrates. I'm not sure what I need.

Bob, hpulley, Will I need anything besides this?

Kodak Ektacolor RA Paper Developer / Replinisher RT, 10 Liters
    Kodak RA Bleach Fixer / Relpenisher, 10 Liters

Do I need this?

Kodak Ektacolor RA Paper Developer Starter, 25 Gallons
    (gee I hope that's a concentrate that makes 25 gallons, should be enough for a lifetime?)

I'll be processing prints in a Fujimoto CP-31 that has a replenisher unit. Do I need the Kodak RA Bleach-Fix Additive, Case of Six Bottles too?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, for whatever reason DarkroomCentral.ca's website consolodation to PhotoCentral.ca has dropped it from the catalog but I emailed them and they still carry it! Send them an email and they'll set you up which is good, I thought I'd lost my source...

Otherwise there is a 5L Tetenal kit that B&H will ship here. It is more than the Kodak 10L kit so I haven't tried it yet but if I have to, I will give it a try.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ordering from a store in Canada is probably not the quickest or most cost-effective way to get chemicals in Texas. I'm going to call a couple of local camera stores that still sell darkroom supplies to see if they have the stuff I need locally. Once I determine exactly what it is I need, that is.

I hope all my old paper is still usable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't have to email PhotoCentral, they are just a 15 min drive downtown for me.

Yes it's similar to 192.168.0.1 or 10.0.0.1 BTDT, been an IT guy for 30 years.

You will need the starter, and it will last a lifetime or three.

The blix additive is to lengthen the life with low utilization, optional if you want.

All depends on how many prints you are doing and the tank sizes in your processor.

I just do room temp in drums, so more work, but chemical usage is very low.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well if you are close to Austin, I could be persuaded to deliver them next time I go down there to visit my son, once the heatwave is done for the year.

Much easier to pay Adorama to ship them. Most dealers and minilab suppliers can get the same, but Kodak pack four kits to a carton. PhotoCentral and Adorama breakup the factory packaging for retail sales.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey, another old IT guy! No offense intended Bob; it's been 30 plus years in IT for me too. Oddly, I still find it more or less satisfying work.

Thank you for the confirmation on the starter.

The CP-31 has 2 or 2.5 liter tanks, I believe. I haven't seen it yet. I just bought it and it'll be a week at least before it arrives. My utilization will be low, I'm sure, so the blix additive may be worthwhile.

Dallas is not far from Austin, about 195 miles or 3.5 hours. I appreciate your offer to bring some down, but the heat wave isn't going to be over anytime soon, I'm afraid. I'll order from Adorama if I can't source some locally. Actually, ordering from Adorama is probably the best option for the reason you specified. I sure don't need to buy 40 liters at a time. There's also a Fuji Hunt office here, but I suspect they only deal with minilabs and professional photofinishers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm using the RA RT Replenisher and Blix kits WITHOUT starter and the results seem good to me. I'm doing room temperature tray development (up to 16x20, any bigger than that and I'd have to figure something else out).

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Add the starter and the developer doesn't work well at room temp. There are 20x24 trays.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can barely fit 3 16x20 trays on my table... And I'd need to floor or wall project the enlarger too.

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak Ektacolor RA Paper Developer / Replinisher RT, 10 Liters
    Kodak RA Bleach Fixer / Relpenisher, 10 Liters
    Kodak Ektacolor RA Paper Developer Starter, 25 Gallons
    Kodak RA Bleach-Fix Additive, Case of Six Bottles

Are these chemicals actually shipped in 10 liter and 25 gallon packages? Or are they concentrates that dilute to 10 liter or 25 gallons?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin