Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,543   Posts: 1,544,414   Online: 1077

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Can't believe the price of this film

I just ran into ebay. Have not been there for a long time. I am surprised to find this item:

http://cgi.ebay.com/KODAK-VERICOLOR-...item2564388999

It is a single roll of Kodak VERICOLOR III 220 expired in 1998 sold at GBP $4.99 plus shipping of GBP $2.49. Wow, I can't believe I saw it. Is it insane or is it a trend at such a price? Did a search again. There are only a handful of 220 films for sale. Does it mean expired 220 films have dried up? Glad that I still have plenty of it in my freezer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some people have more money than brains.

Even better, ten years ago brand new Nikon rear lens caps were selling at $5 over retail, shipping extra.
    Bob

mts
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, it's clearly collector film. Like 3 cent stamps that sell for outrageous prices today. I suppose running it through a camera and processing it would ruin its value. Come to think of it, I may have a few valuable rolls in the bottom of my freezer.
    By denying the facts, any paradox can be sustained--Galileo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Vericolor III at this point should be a bit foggy. I may have a dozen rolls or so hereabouts. I would not buy them.

They need the old formalin Stabilizer.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mtjade2007 View Post
    I just ran into ebay. Have not been there for a long time. I am surprised to find this item:

http://cgi.ebay.com/KODAK-VERICOLOR-...item2564388999

It is a single roll of Kodak VERICOLOR III 220 expired in 1998 sold at GBP $4.99 plus shipping of GBP $2.49. Wow, I can't believe I saw it. Is it insane or is it a trend at such a price? Did a search again. There are only a handful of 220 films for sale. Does it mean expired 220 films have dried up? Glad that I still have plenty of it in my freezer.
    Maybe somebody just didn't know anything when they bid. But maybe it was a fake sale to create a false E-Bay sales history, which is something that many people use to determine an item's value. Spend some time creating a fake market for an item that you want to get rid of. There is one camera seller on E-Bay who I am almost certain must be doing this. I asked him why the price of a particular camera was four times the market value, and an hour later the item sold with Buy It Now and he sent me a snotty response.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Spend some time creating a fake market for an item that you want to get rid of. There is one camera seller on E-Bay who I am almost certain must be doing this. I asked him why the price of a particular camera was four times the market value, and an hour later the item sold with Buy It Now and he sent me a snotty response.
    And the guy who recently listed a "rare" 18" Verito for $4,400. Yep... over 4x.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I like how it's advertised as great for Lomo photography......can you use 220 film with a red window back?
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It is obvious that there are very few 220 films for sale on ebay. Not only expired 220s are gone the fresh ones are missing too. Actually the film sales on ebay are way down from the hay days. There are not many 120s either. Is this good or bad?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    eBay used to be a good way to buy good, cheap film but eBay fees (listing fee plus 8% final value fee plus about 3% paypal - how the hell anyone except eBay makes money on eBay I'm not certain) have gone up to the point where it's back to being cheaper in online stores.

And GBP5 for a roll of film? That's NOTHING, believe me; come to Australia sometime and see. Urging the use of 220 film in a Holga with a red window is a little more disingenuous though!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I still find deals all the time on ebay. But you have to look for them. But I also see ALOT of inflated prices in film. I'd say 75% of buy it now pricing is greater than adorama or b&h!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin