Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,171   Online: 784

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My hybrid process is to run it through Fuji C41 soup and feed it to my Nikon 8000 / Vuescan. Results as linked above - looks plenty saturated punchy to me but that could well be due to the postprocessing.

Ektar on the other hand, I can't (yet) get good skin tones from it; it's not as bad as RVP50 but still pretty bad. Had no trouble with either of the new Portras or 160S - they all look quite accurate. I've seen people get OK skin tones from it, so I'm not sure what gives yet.

With respect to The Great Fuji Renaming, I suspect you have it backwards. NPS became 160S (which is definitely its current name), NPC became 160C, NPH became 400H, NPZ became 800Z, etc. B&H shows 160C as discontinued in 120; maybe you can get it elsewhere or in 135, I don't know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pro 160S, Pro 160C and Pro 800Z are already discontinued.
    In C41 professional emulsions is left: Pro 160NS, Pro 400H and the Reala 100 in 120 roll film.

Photokina September 2010 in Cologne. The actual Fuji film program.
    My favorite store: http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like the skin tones I get with Ektar souped in JOBO Press Kit C-41 @39C, printed on Fuji CA II or Kodak Endura or Supra III in Kodak Ektacolor RA RT chemicals (room temp tray processed).
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In C41 the new Kodak Portra 160 does fairly good in long exposures. 2 minute shot from a 14-bit drumscanner:

100% unsharpened crop (this you can sharpen up in PP):

Wrote some thoughts about it here.

Margus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fuji NPL if you can find it. I have a frozen supply if you are interested.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin