Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,871   Posts: 1,583,363   Online: 1133

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertZeroK View Post
    The other reason for one shot is that I want to pay around with developing movie film. my calculations with the photo therm, I should get over 600 rolls with my supply, which is far less than I'd like, considering I have enough developer for 80L of developer.
    ECN-2 film is absolutely terrible (image quality & density) when run through C-41, I've done it most recently with 5201 50D. ECN-2 developer is dirt cheap. Even here in Aus. What you have to do is get the price sheet, which I've found for the US on Kodak's site after much digging and was sent the Aus version by a rep.

You then have to special order it via someone with a Kodak account, ie: any of the retailers, such as B&H (or Vanbar, etc here in Aus, anyone who gets Kodak stuff from Kodak). Ask them to place a special order and give them the Kodak Catalogue numbers for what you want.

It has a replenishment rate listed in the ECN-2 process specifications for all bathes, which includes recipes to make them (or you can use kit chemistry), so you can use and replenish a ferricyanide bleach if you wish (details are in ECN-2 process specifications).

From my first rough calculations of trying to break it down. I started with;

826mL H2O
    212mL A
    56mL B
    75mL Starter
    300mL H2O
    = 1.5L tank solution, roughly.

* = stop there for replenisher (~1.125L worth), if I understand correctly, the replenisher isn't simply working solution sans starter, it's less diluted. This may be due to water carry over in large amounts from the last rinse before developing when processing long lengths (such as 1000 ft)

Part A is quite heavy, as it's ~20L worth of concentrate, it's a tad difficult to pour out into a measuring cylinder for small amounts, but doable.

I made my own starter, and pH was slightly high around 10.6 or so, which needed dropping with Sulphuric Acid, the aim is 10.32 iirc. Starter is nearly $80 here, as opposed to around $20 last I checked for the U.S. I was planning on replenishing so my working solution should improve over time.

Kodak probably have info on mixing smaller amounts somewhere.

One of the first tests, mixed to the above amounts, with Stabiliser III run at the end, and using C-41 bleach (stop and wash after the dev though, not straight in).

Remjet doesn't fall off the film in an alkali bath like with the old 500T, much of it stays on. I use nitrile gloves and squeegee it off with my fingers several times, rinsing/rubbing fingers together in the stabiliser III bath I just pulled it out of to wash off the rmjet off the fingers, you have to do it several times to get rid of it all.

50D in ECN-2 test #1 by athiril, on Flickr
    Last edited by Athiril; 07-16-2011 at 11:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Somewhere, with E6 films, you must introduce formalin or the E6 film will fade.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Stabiliser III for C-41 contains it, which was why I said stabiliser at the end bath

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It has become reflex with me because so many people tend to omit it!

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sounds like you need a few hot keys for some pre-made responses

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would rather be in OZ sharing a desert with you and a good brandy. Or, how about some good Stilson chesse and a glass of good Port wine?

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    We have some nice Tasmanian blue cheeses, very salty.

This one is quite good I reckon (not an Australian cheese I might add, just one I like) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%C3%AAte_de_Moine

I like very strong flavours in cheese, as long as it's not bitter and too salty, I prefer sweet or nutty
    Last edited by Athiril; 07-16-2011 at 11:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin