Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,176   Online: 1059

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    556 - user login for register. 500 block is for BAs. Not sure of the "10". 2348 is the transaction #. 09059 is the store number and 027 is the register #.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A friend and I bought out the two stores in our town. I only found out about it because I was there buying batteries (that I didn't need). Now I have a whole ton of 135 800ISO (that my freezer also tells me I don't need).

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Ha me too!!! Just ordered a c-41 home dev kit to make amends of my new found predicament. When life gives you lemons...
    Last edited by zsas; 07-18-2011 at 12:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The irony here is just too much: dirt cheap film and pricey/hard-to-find cheapie processing. What did we do to deserve this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One thing I do notice about Walgreens is that the house brand film is on sale often.

It usually isn't as steep a discount as this past sale. But I have found the 4 pack for $8 often enough to get me to cruise by the aisle and look when I'm in the store.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My son and I cleaned out about 6 Walgreens of their film on sale last week. We didn't find out about the sale till Friday and still found many rolls that were not marked down on their pegs. We got 78 rolls total of 200, 400, and 800.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I either found out about the sale too late, or the Walgreens here didn't put their film on sale: the only Walgreens I have access to that still had single roll boxes had them marked back up to $2.19 (400 24-exp.) - and yep, I did have them scan it just in case the shelf label was incorrect.

For folks out there still looking for cheap film, you can get the same Fuji Superia for about $2/roll (4-pack for $8) from Wal-Mart and Kroger.
    website | Flickr
    "Embrace the negative with absolution, your final positive reward." --IQ, "The Province," Frequency

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    One thing I do notice about Walgreens is that the house brand film is on sale often.

It usually isn't as steep a discount as this past sale. But I have found the 4 pack for $8 often enough to get me to cruise by the aisle and look when I'm in the store.
    Not only will it be on sale (or Kodak for that matter), but often in the monthly coupon book, there is a coupon to make it even cheaper. That was how I got 16 rolls (4 4pks) of Kodak 800 for 7.5 cents a roll when our store clearanced it in March. On top of our clearance price of $3 something and my employee discount, there was a $3 off coupon for the 4 packs that month. Though I am not a big fan of the Kodak 800, I couldn't pass that opportunity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin