Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,115   Online: 933

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by thelawoffives View Post
    After quite a bit of confusion, I am feeling a bit sheepish regarding how easy of a thing it ended up being. Thanks so much for your reply.
    Actually the question floated around APUG for a while, I've read more than one post saying it was not clear what to buy to set up a home C-41 process. Kodak documentation does not seem to help.

The precise and "definitive" answer by Greg Davis should stick somewhere. We should have an APUG FAQ and this is an obvious candidate.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    There are a lot of things in the color section that should be stickies, but I don't think many moderators hang out here to see requests.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you want a moderator to consider a request, include the request in a post and then "report" the post by clicking on the little exclamation mark at the bottom left corner of the post.

I think this thread would make an excellent "stickie".
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is inordinately difficult to figure out what to buy and where to get it for color film and print processing. The small kits from Arista and Tetenal and Rollei and others are expensive if you do much processing.

I think it would be nicer to have a sticky FAQ thread that lists color film (C-41 and E-6) and print processing chemicals and other supplies (including paper) from major manufacturers (Kodak, Trebla, Fuji Hunt) and sources for obtaining them. I think that would be more useful than making a thread like this one into a sticky.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I started a new thread that lists products and suppliers for C-41, E-6, and RA-4 processes. I requested that it be made a sticky so it will stay at the top of the forum rather than get lost over time. I only have North American suppliers, so anyone with knowledge and links to Asian, European, and Australian suppliers or other brands than Kodak, please PM me with it and I will edit the list.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I posted into that thread mentioned, FWIW.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin