Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,689   Posts: 1,482,368   Online: 772

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Blue line throughout entire roll

On my last roll, I noticed on the negs a red line throughout the roll. I just got them transferred to CD and it comes out blue. I'm not sure what would have caused it. I'm not sure if it would be chemical related or camera related. Here are a couple of examples.

Thanks for any advice or knowledge.

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What camera u using... Looks like a light leak to me... Same spot each frame

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by heespharm View Post
    What camera u using... Looks like a light leak to me... Same spot each frame
    Minolta X700. I thought it might be...but I've never encountered this problem, so I wanted some input from others.

This camera does have a clothe shutter, so I was thinking it might be causing it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yeah a tear in the shutter may do it to... Check ur seals inside ur camera usually around the back of the back lid... Are they gummy? Or degraded?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They seem perfectly fine, nice and fluffy as foam should be. I think I might test another roll through it and see if it happens again. I'm still relatively new to this camera, though I had not had that happen before. I'm wondering if maybe the lens wasn't properly on the camera. I'm used to my Nikons and listen for a click. After messing with the Minolta, it seems you have to slightly turn the lens back like you are taking it off to get that click.

Thank you for the help!

Shooter
    35mm
    That is not unlike my strange blue stripe (slides) on my first roll with a Bessa-L. In my case, it must be a light leak. Considering that the X-700 has no transparent window on the back, I think you should replace the light seals. In the case of my Bessa-L, I still don't know exactly where the problem is, but there is no problem if I use the camera with the lower part of the ever-ready case. I'll have the foam replaced soon (or I'll do it myself when I find a kit).

Best wishes
    Fabrizio
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
    That is not unlike my strange blue stripe (slides) on my first roll with a Bessa-L. In my case, it must be a light leak. Considering that the X-700 has no transparent window on the back, I think you should replace the light seals. In the case of my Bessa-L, I still don't know exactly where the problem is, but there is no problem if I use the camera with the lower part of the ever-ready case. I'll have the foam replaced soon (or I'll do it myself when I find a kit).

Best wishes
    Fabrizio
    Thanks......where do I start in finding a kit? Is that something that would come through the big shops or online?

Shooter
    35mm
    Somebody sells online pre-cut light seals kits for various cameras, and was mentioned here on APUG several times, but as I did not need this kind of intervention I did not take good note.

Regarding my camera, I think I found the problem. A certain spot of the seals is "punched" as if somebody pushed very hard with a small screwdriver. I tried to "revive" the foam raising it a bit. The leakage occurs in the upper part and - after careful mumbling on the problem - on the receiving sprocket side in my case. After having inferred where the leakage should occur in theory, I looked at the spot and behold! there actually was this "dent" in the foam. The dent would look quite insignificant at a visual inspection, but now that I know where is probably the problem, I suppose the dent is the cause.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jon Goodman

jgood21967@aol.com
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A definitive test would be to put two layers of black gaffer's tape over the gap in the case where you think the light leak is. If the problem goes away when you tape it shut and comes back when you don't, you have proven what the problem is.

You can also do this as a temporary measure to keep the camera operational until you can get it repaired.

BTW: Do you have a leather case for the camera? Keeping it in the case while there is film inside is another way to minimize the possibility of light leaks.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin