Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,350   Online: 1061

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151620 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Nope. Still won't work. I'll try looking for you post manually later.
    --Mario

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    You have to be a paid subscriber to see threads in the Soapbox area.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

List of Color Chemicals and Where To Get Them

Yea I messed up putting them in a paid only area, I didn't realize there was a paid area other then the for sale items area. Sorry folks.

It's just in the USA it doesn't seem to be available at all, and anyone that does do it on here has a home lab and shoots enough to use all of the full lab cubes/replenished stuff (or so it seems).

I have a sink but love chromes, I don't want to give up and shoot color in digital but I'm being driven there and I don't like C-41

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I don't shoot enough right now to use up large quantities mixed at once. I use the Kodak tech sheet on mixing small quantities from large containers, then I use compressed nitrogen to displace the oxygen in the large bottle to keep it until I need to mix more.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    I don't shoot enough right now to use up large quantities mixed at once. I use the Kodak tech sheet on mixing small quantities from large containers, then I use compressed nitrogen to displace the oxygen in the large bottle to keep it until I need to mix more.

Is this the right list of stuff? that's also what I get confused on, I've NEVER developed E6 in a 6/7 bath just in a 3 bath kit so I'm unsure if I"m even buying the right stuff... The total is expensive and I can't find anything cheaper than this so I don't know what else to do, I have that excel spreadsheet (that I converted to work with Mac Pages) too so I can do it if I make sure to get the right stuff...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-01-15 at 5.56.31 PM.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	407.8 KB 
ID:	62844

Am I missing anything or buying too much?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    The final rinse is the wrong one, you have listed the C41 rinse. You don't need the bleach starter or the pre bleach. Kodak document J-83 outlines what is needed for small processing to replace the 5 gallon kit, and what is needed for larger replenishment systems. You can adapt those for small processing, but a pre bleach isn't needed in non replenished systems, nor is a bleach starter. The starters for both developers is needed to stay in control and aim limits. I will admit I am wrong in all these statements if someone who uses them can chime in.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Shooter
    35mm
    The final rinse is the wrong one, you have listed the C41 rinse. You don't need the bleach starter or the pre bleach. Kodak document J-83 outlines what is needed for small processing to replace the 5 gallon kit, and what is needed for larger replenishment systems. You can adapt those for small processing, but a pre bleach isn't needed in non replenished systems, nor is a bleach starter. The starters for both developers is needed to stay in control and aim limits. I will admit I am wrong in all these statements if someone who uses them can chime in.
    Emphasis mine.

My 6-bath E-6 Ornano kit has a pre-bleach.
    The 6 baths are: developer, inversion bath, colour developer, pre-bleach, bleach, fixer (the stabilizer was also included in the kit).
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Good to know. In the Kodak tech sheet I named, it does have one in the replenished system list, but not in the one shot list.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

List of Color Chemicals and Where To Get Them

Yea the company didn't have the final rinse available from Kodak I had HOPED they were the same for C-41

Good to know so starter is REALY only for the dev chems, since the others are more about "to completion" then the dev's which are a controlled time/potency balance?

perhaps when I have $300 I'll order some haha

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    First time poster here, take it easy on me!

I've recently developed an admiration to shooting Portra 400 after learning photography on a DSLR and boy do I love the rendering and range! However, development costs and sending them to FIND or IndieFilmLab is getting pricey. So here I am and I get the gist that Rollei Digibase is the best. But I guess recently Freestylephoto.biz stopped carrying it! Now I'm stuck researching between Tetenal Rapid kits and Kodak bulk chems (Which I have no idea what to buy). I plan on splitting the costs with a friend and we'll be doing 15-20 rolls a time so expirations won't really matter since once we exhaust the batch, it'll just get thrown out.

Can anyone enlighten me whats the best go to kit to go for and or how to build a Kodak arsenal? Cheers

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin