Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,492   Posts: 1,542,979   Online: 871

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks Ed!

The links I used were mostly ones from earlier in this thread (#71 and #80 that macandal was referring to). Appreciate you clarifying what's actually needed. I'll start shopping around (though it doesn't appear this stuff is available many places anymore) for better prices. I'll try to post what I find.

Oh, and I am coming to this after having subpar experiences with 'second-tier' chems.

Shooter
    35mm
    OK, Ed, I doff my hat. (Post #130) I defer to your experiences. I agree if one is doing LOTS of C-41, Kodak can be a logical alternative. For those of use doing a tiny fraction of what your are, Unicolor or Tetenal seem to be quite adequate. You do acknowledge that.

"Perfection is the enemy of good enough."

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What's the risk of running LORR or RA in small tanks? Or mixing processing types between steps?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bvy View Post
    - The Rollei-Digibase kit is gone. I called Freestyle -- first they said it was discontinued because of the packaging (Part C went bad quite often); then they said it was discontinued by the manufacturer. I have an inquiry in to the manufacturer (Agfa?)
    The Rollei Digibase kit still seems to be available here in Europe, can't find any information saying it has been discontinued. As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong) it's made in Germany and distributed by Macodirect, who still list it as available on their site.
    "Art is is a picture of some dude I never met smoking under a lamppost at 6400 ISO and in BW."

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertrash View Post
    The Rollei Digibase kit still seems to be available here in Europe, can't find any information saying it has been discontinued. As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong) it's made in Germany and distributed by Macodirect, who still list it as available on their site.
    I meant to follow up earlier this week. I got a cordial and detailed response from the manufacturer (Compard). The kits have indeed NOT been discontinued -- in fact, I was told they recently expanded their product line to include ready-to-use softpacks (though I think this is old news). Anyway, it's too bad that Freestyle has been misinforming people. I know there were quality issues with the packaging, and if that's why they stopped carrying them, at least say so. It's a perfectly valid reason.

The Compard rep mentioned these retailers that have international shipping: Firstcall (UK), Maco and General Photo (both Germany). I don't know if that's cost effective for the small kits (I only shoot two or three rolls of color negative film in a month) -- and besides, I'd like to progress to a one-shot developer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Paul: no worries, both points are valid. I just prefer the larger/cheaper kodak chems. Any DIY C41 is a good thing, no matter where it comes from! I am just glad it's still being made and available.

bvy: risk of RA or LORR or SM in home development: not sure if there is any real risk. I think those versions are more expensive however. They were designed and developed for specific use-case scenarios, in at least one case to reduce water usage. Z-131 should cover the differences if need be.

drumlin: glad to help. The stuff I have gotten from Adorama has been pretty competitive, price-wise, and they didn't charge hazmat shipping. Pakor has changed all their prices to "call" on the website, so not sure but they were among the cheapest when I was last ordering stuff. However they charge hazmat shipping on a lot of it so that jacks the price up. B&H sells some of it but wont' ship most of it. Unique and Minilabsupply are a couple other sources, no experience with them offhand yet. There's other sources too I believe (posted elsewhere in the thread?)

-Ed

RPC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
    The stuff I have gotten from Adorama has been pretty competitive, price-wise, and they didn't charge hazmat shipping.
    I can't find any C-41 developer on Adorama's site. They must have quit selling it. B&H has it but as we know won't ship.

Has anybody used the regular Flexicolor developer from Uniqephoto? Just wondering how fresh it is.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    search online for flexicolor 1919042 - see what you can find?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think you just need to order the last four items on this page:

http://pdisupply.com/productSub.cfm?...0#.UVI_3Ks6VFl

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolfe Tessem View Post
    I think you just need to order the last four items on this page:

http://pdisupply.com/productSub.cfm?...0#.UVI_3Ks6VFl
    This is really expensive. $375.33 without tax, shipping & handling!! Also, how much is this? Did I read it right? Does this only make 2 liters of developer? If so, it's definitely very, very expensive.
    --Mario

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin