Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,774   Posts: 1,516,649   Online: 1147

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71112131415161718 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just a minor update, I recently ordered some chemistry from Unique Photo. To my surprise, they were competitive on price, having a fantastic deal on bleach III (free shipping! for the 50L sizes), making that worth stocking up on. 50L of bleach with regeneration will do at least 2200-2500 rolls of film (120 or 35mm). They had good prices and non-hazmat shipping on many of the other C-41 chemicals too. I think the only thing that shipped hazmat was developer replenisher. Great customer service from them too. I ordered something twice by mistake and they were super helpful in getting that sorted out quick and easily.

-Ed

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm running low on C-41 bleach. Can someone comment on this bleach for manual development in a small tank?
    http://www.uniquephoto.com/product/k...-film-8255549/

It's Kodak Flexicolor RA (C-41RA) Bleach Replenisher NR for Color Negative Film. According to the product description, it "requires no mixing; it is packaged ready to use." I realize this is packaged and marketed for labs, so I'm wondering if it works out of the box. It's not a Part A. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It should work, but I'd look (maybe elsewhere?) for bleach III. It will be more economical and better suited to your use, I'd think. Unique has bleach III in the 50L size, but it is also available in smaller sizes I think. Check for the fuji and champion equivalents too. (Unique carries those brands).

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks. So the jury is out on the C-41RA bleach from Kodak...

Meantime, I found this C-41 bleach product from Fuji:
    http://www.uniquephoto.com/product/f...kit-600005422/

There's no useful product description, but I found this tech sheet from Fuji:
    http://www.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/600005422.pdf

Sounds promising if it will work. And $40 for 2.7 liters is about the best price I've found for a small quantity.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try it and let us know how it works out. Bleach is pricey but almost infinitely recyclable (with regeneration).

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bvy View Post
    I'm running low on C-41 bleach. Can someone comment on this bleach for manual development in a small tank?
    http://www.uniquephoto.com/product/k...-film-8255549/

It's Kodak Flexicolor RA (C-41RA) Bleach Replenisher NR for Color Negative Film. According to the product description, it "requires no mixing; it is packaged ready to use." I realize this is packaged and marketed for labs, so I'm wondering if it works out of the box. It's not a Part A. Thanks.
    I've used it, it will work. The RA process has shorter bleach and fix times due to a higher concentration for these steps. It's designed for minilabs that need a fast access time and it's also designed for use in washless systems. The developer is the same as regular C-41. This bleach is ready to use out of the bottle but it's kinda expensive. The bleach III is a better fit for home darkroom use.

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, per volume, Bleach III is cheaper. The issue is that I don't need 100 liters of bleach nor do I want to spend $165 on the two parts. I just don't do that much C-41. If you know of a cheaper source or smaller quantities, please let me know.

If the RA process bleach works just the same and is no less archival, then it might be a better fit for me. It still makes five liters, which isn't exactly scant.

Shooter
    Large Format
    It's the cheapest way I'm aware of to get SOME bleach. Just be sure to use the processing times for the RA process from Kodak. One minute at 38 degrees C for the bleach and 1.5-2 minutes at 38 degrees C for the RA fixer. I didn't experiment much with it to see what it does at lower temps. I don't know if there's any difference in archival properties or other quality metrics. I do know it's designed to be the fastest C-41 process for minilabs.

The SM tank solution is also an alternative but it comes in a 10L size for around $90. I do a fair amount of C-41 so I just recently bought the 50L bleach III. This combined with what I have on hand should last me some time. Bleach has a very long shelf life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Agreed re: Bleach III. I bought the 50L size recently and it will last me a LONG time. $165 sounds like a lot but consider that will do at least 2000+ rolls of film, and probably more. and will keep nearly forever, mixed or not. Maybe find another local C41 user and split it with them? Or a local minilab that will sell you some bleach ala carte?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    www.thephotoshop.ie in Europe stocks the following colour chemicals:

Tetenal C41 kit
    Tetenal E6 kit
    Kodak RA4 Developer Replenisher RT/LU kit and blix kit.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin