Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,924   Posts: 1,585,008   Online: 1069

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Whoops. I completely forgot that Mike's post was actually a reply to one of my own.... -_-

As for the LL Lozeau thing, someone posted it in this thread not too long ago. I can't call cause of long distance. Can someone in Montreal confirm this? And get info on quantities/pricing/whether they charge hazmat?

Shooter
    35mm
    Canadians and US residents: PDISUPPLY.COM will answer your needs and prices cannot be beat. Service excellent. They are in Rochester, NY. - David Lyga

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Optional chemicals for RA-4 that you may consider in addition to the Developer Replenisher RT #8415580 and Bleach-Fix and Replenisher #8309031

Kodak Ektacolor RA Developer Starter #1026681 to make 25 gallons
    Kodak Ektacolor RA Bleach Fixer Additive #8036832 - 48 oz

I'm just getting started on color printing, having done it only once before years ago. I don't have personal experience with any of the RA-4 chemicals listed here yet, but I'll have a shipment arriving soon.

My understanding is that the Developer Starter creates a seasoned developer so that you don't go through the color shifts caused by aging of a developer that is mixed straight from the Developer Replenisher RT. The Bleach Fixer Additive provides added protection against oxidation of the bleach fix in a low-utilization system.

I just bought all four of the above from Pakor. Pakor only sells the Developer Replenisher RT #8415580 and Bleach-Fix and Replenisher #8309031 in case lots (4x10L each). Shipping cost from Pakor was high, but overall cost was lower than if I had bought an equivalent quantity from Adorama. Unless you are going to consume a lot of the developer and bleach fix, it may not be worth the savings to buy from Pakor vs Adorama. But that's just my opinion.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Further info

Greg, those ones i listed for c41 arent LORR as far as i know. Just the regular c41 process as far as i can tell.

Ed

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    You are right, Ed, but it won't let me edit the post anymore. As long as someone orders by using the sku numbers given, they will be alright.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Skip

The upside of large quantities of ra rt from pakor is that it doesnt go bad really ...
    LAsts for years. I wish the shipping was cheaper too.

Ed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm glad to hear about the keeping qualities of the RA RT chemicals, Ed. That's good news, because it could take me years to use it up. I just bought a CP-31 and I plan to make the most of it, so that may help.

Do unopened C-41 chemicals have similar longevity?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would not vouch for this being the official response, but here is what I have done with RA-RT to get over 4 years out of the RA-RT 4x10L.

Transfer the developing agent containing concentrate into filled full small glass bottles. Read the storage guidelines. If it saye store something like 5-40C, well, make sure that the little bottles are as close to the lower end as you can. My fridge has in the past kept one bottle, but it did not seen any more or less active as an unfridged one that lived in my 18C basement after 3 years.

Mix up just what you need. I worked out the proportions and just mix 2L at a time.

For e-6 I have bits of the old 'makes 10L' kits from Kodak. Here the isolate the CD agent of the second developer into full glass has shown to work. One only 3/4 full after 4 years is a black tar; the other full bottles are the light amber they went in as, and still work fine.

I have yet to buy commerical C-41 from Kodak, but the same strategy should extend whatever the rated life is.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have no idea why the Tetenal chems haven't been mentioned yet, so let me be the one who does. As far as color is concerned, they make C41, E6 and RA4 chemistry kits which are sold in central Europe. In Vienna, Austria there are two brick and mortar stores which have C41 and E6 in stock and if they are out of RA4 they will order it (especially Blende7). Numerous online shops also carry these kits.

As far as Ilfochrome is concerned, I found a retailer in Graz which will order the Ilfochrome chemistry plus the paper upon request. While their webpage states they will not ship any orders, they will ship even internationally if you contact them beforehand (according to a phone conversation I just had with them).
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    SKip, good choice on the CP31. I have 2 of those, they are great machines. RA-RT keeps fine even in the orignal bottles, for years, in my experience.

C-41 keeping: Developer is the only one of real concern here. I have the "makes 5 Gallons" developer from Pakor.com (about $26). I make 5L at a time, after figuring out the proportions. Part C (CD-3 or CD-4 ? ) is the one most prone to oxidation. I refill the concentrate bottles with inert gas and seal them with a layer of saran wrap between cap and bottle after mixing up a 5L batch. It's kept fine so far through 2 batches, about a year or so, using the above method. I need to mix a new batch soon so will have a look at it. If the Part C is discolored/dark at all, that's a good indication it's bad, from my recollection.

Once mixed, I try to use up the C-41 batch in a week or two if possible. The longest I think I kept a mixed batch of C41 developer without it going bad was about 6 or 8 weeks, but that was a stretch and it was pretty oxidized and not working great by the end. I save up my shot film now and run the whole 5L at once within a week or so, if possible. (5L = 48 rolls of 120 or 35mm, via a SuperSidekick4. )

-Ed

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin