Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,533   Posts: 1,543,989   Online: 1015

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111516171819202122 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    I assume that the reason the minilab chems were recommended is due to the smaller volume of liquids it makes and thus more manageable by the average person?

Why not also use the F1 kit with the developer and such too along with the F2 Flexicolor kit instead of the LORR developer/replen (and starter)?

Oh, I did my first roll with all of the new chemicals minus the final rinse. I did that in my existing stabilizer since I am still waiting on the replacement stuff. It was a quick roll of 35mm through the camera I had nearby which happened to be my Belair. So it may not be photographic magic but the results are what I am looking for.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You have jumped into the deep end! Good luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bleach, fix, and stabilizer all have long useful working lives. They really don't go bad due to age, just exhaustion from use. I had all three mixed up from some rolls back in the fall, and when I started developing more film the next spring, they were all perfectly fine. I only had to mix up new developer.

Shooter
    35mm
    Based on my experience with the company I got the chems from, I don't know if I'd use them again.

The first box had leaking bladders in the F2 kit. After some confusing chat on their support and lots of quiet on their end, I got a refund and reordered the items that were leaking. They also then sent me a replacement order after I had ordered more myself.

Both arrived today, one was leaking, again. It went right back but the other was fine.

I need to find another source for the Bleach/Fixer I guess as I don't trust these guys to get me a product safely. Suggestions for someone other then Unique Photo for this stuff in the US?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This thread has gotten very long -- I've posted this link previously, but way back in the thread.

All you need is the last four items on this page...

http://pdisupply.com/productSub.cfm?...0#.U-Z1P4BdVn4

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    True, but it looks like you're getting very large quantities there. But assuming their prices are reasonable, I was happy to see another source for many of the same items that Unique stocks. (For example, they also stock the F2 unit.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bvy View Post
    True, but it looks like you're getting very large quantities there. But assuming their prices are reasonable, I was happy to see another source for many of the same items that Unique stocks. (For example, they also stock the F2 unit.)
    The quantities are about enough to keep an active C41 user going for about a year, so yes, it is more than the small kits but not an insane quantity. Given that shipping charges can account for a large percentage of the cost, I think it makes sense to get a year's supply at once.

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's good to have options. How are their prices?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bvy View Post
    It's good to have options. How are their prices?
    I think they're more than competitive with Tetenal, etc. but it has been a while since I ordered so I would call them to check. Also, Kodak frequently changes their packaging (how many bottles per box, etc.) so it is hard to keep up. Maybe this will slow down now that it is Kodak Alaris running this part of the business. With the SM packaging, the Bleach and Fixer come ready to use and the developer comes in liquid parts A,B and C and is a very quick mixup.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolfe Tessem View Post
    This thread has gotten very long -- I've posted this link previously, but way back in the thread.

All you need is the last four items on this page...

http://pdisupply.com/productSub.cfm?...0#.U-Z1P4BdVn4
    I have been doing c41 with blix kits for a while now and have no problems maintaining temp and getting great results so I'm looking at the 'full' chemistry solution that you point to on this link. Other than price, I'm wondering how long the concentrates will keep? I don't do a ton of film right now, but I'm looking to work it more into my studio's daily workflow, so the volume will be increasing.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin