Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,913   Posts: 1,556,257   Online: 868

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mtjade2007 View Post
    I used to get it from Chang's Photo Supply (Los Angles) from its Hayward (Bay Area) warehouse. I believe the Hayward warehouse is long gone. Chang's web site is also gone indicating its business is possibly gone too. Chang's Photo Supply was a fairly high volume wholesaler for minilabs in California. Now I do not know where to get C-41 and E-6 chemicals any more. I am not looking for small sized packages. I am looking for packages like 5 gallon, 10Lx4 or even 25 gallon developer (LORR replenisher in particular). Adoroma only has the 5 gallon regular C-41 developer. It is a little small and not LORR. I would rather buy from a minilab supplier in Northern California. Does anyone know if there is such a supplier around here?
    Contact CPAC. Their chemicals are to mix either 5 liters or 10 liters. I use the ColorPAC that stored for at least a couple of years and get very good results. They would connect you to the distributors. They carry CN-41, RA-4, E-6 and BW chemicals.
    A photo amateur
    Sinar P2/F2/Nikon F100/Bronica ETRSi/GS/Saunders 4550XLG/Jobo CPP2/CPE+/Colorline 7000

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok, here it is as an attachment.

A bit to large, oh well, a google for Kodak L9.pdf will bring it up.
    Bob

Shooter
    35mm

This list and topic should be heavily edited to retain Sticky status

Even with the original post, it has less to do with sourcing than listing of certain chemistries available at that time. Few links. And it reviewed chemistries with opinions that had little basis in experiential fact. Sorry, Greg.

A lot has happened in C-41 chemical availabilities since the original post. (I can't speak to RA-4, as I don't do that process. But I imagine something similar.) B&H won't ship liquid chemistries, nor do they stock much. But for someone in Manhattan willing to wait, it's still a source. Freestyle has attained the Rollei/Compard and Tetenal liquid chemistries.

http://www.artcraftchemicals.com now has all the individual chemicals you need to make C-41 from scratch, if that's your gig. I did some calculating, and for about $108 plus shipping you can get everything you need to make 45 liters. The chemical that runs out at that point is the half pound of CD-4. There are various amounts of all the other chemicals left at that point. Also chemicals to make your own bleach and fixer, if you wish.

Mi dos centavos.......

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Then by all means, go for it. Do the research on what is available and where to get them. I already did it once and am satisfied with my supplier.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Verizzo View Post
    Even with the original post, it has less to do with sourcing than listing of certain chemistries available at that time. Few links. And it reviewed chemistries with opinions that had little basis in experiential fact. Sorry, Greg.

A lot has happened in C-41 chemical availabilities since the original post. (I can't speak to RA-4, as I don't do that process. But I imagine something similar.) B&H won't ship liquid chemistries, nor do they stock much. But for someone in Manhattan willing to wait, it's still a source. Freestyle has attained the Rollei/Compard and Tetenal liquid chemistries.

http://www.artcraftchemicals.com now has all the individual chemicals you need to make C-41 from scratch, if that's your gig. I did some calculating, and for about $108 plus shipping you can get everything you need to make 45 liters. The chemical that runs out at that point is the half pound of CD-4. There are various amounts of all the other chemicals left at that point. Also chemicals to make your own bleach and fixer, if you wish.

Mi dos centavos.......
    It probably needs updating, I think everybody will agree, if I say, be my guest. The problem often though, with threads like this, is that there are plenty of sources named in the US, but nothing for those of us, outside the US. Even though there are several of us in Canada, a few more in the UK, and at least a couple in Australia, and at least one in the far East. There used to be a guy in Montreal who had all this stuff, but he sold the business, which then closed a couple of years later. There might be a company in Manitoba, that sells some of the chemicals at least, but the website I have for them (darkroomcentral.ca) isn't working anymore.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    So I used the Rollei kit from Freestyle and I'm not sure I like it. What other kit is a 4-chemical kit (no blix for me), and where can I get it? Especially locally, I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area. Thanks.
    --Mario

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by macandal View Post
    So I used the Rollei kit from Freestyle and I'm not sure I like it. What other kit is a 4-chemical kit (no blix for me), and where can I get it? Especially locally, I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area. Thanks.
    Tetenal. The 1 liter kit is a bit expensive @ $40, but that's still less expensive than the Rollei (2 x $23.) Or, buy the 5 liter for $75 ?????

The Unicolor powder kit (It's $19 for a 1 liter and $33 for a double dip) provides a Blix A envelope, Ammonium thiosulfate and postassium carbonate. Obviously the fixer ingredients.

The Blix B envelope contains "Sodium iron EDTA", sodium sulfite, and "PDTA." The latter's CAS number tells me it is "1,3-Propylenediaminetetraacetic Acid ." I found this about that: "[I]A specific chelator especially developed for the photo-finishing process. When it complexes with iron, it is very effective in the bleaching of photographic films and paper." [I] Obviously the bleach components.

The individual baths would require appropriate pH adjustments, I'm guessing. I can't speak to those matters. Point being here that the Unicolor powder chemistry can give you seperate bleach and fix.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Tetenal.
    This uses blix, which I don't want. That's why I used the Rollei kit before.
    --Mario

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ......... Point being here that the Unicolor powder chemistry can give you seperate bleach and fix.
    I am a bit confused with this as this and the others listed as they use BLIX and not the separate Bleach and Fix.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by macandal View Post
    This uses blix, which I don't want. That's why I used the Rollei kit before.
    That is what I am looking for also.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin