Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,094   Online: 1034

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    If I wanted to do my own accelerated stress/aging test at home, who should I talk to about setting something up and doing it properly? Your friends at GEH?
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you PE. I almost got it right but you clarified further. I always wondered what the bromide was for. Any indication of the proportions of PF, PB and SS? Thank you. - David Lyga
    Last edited by David Lyga; 08-02-2011 at 03:56 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    If I wanted to do my own accelerated stress/aging test at home, who should I talk to about setting something up and doing it properly? Your friends at GEH?
    The Image Permanence Institute at RIT is the place to go for this type of test.

https://www.imagepermanenceinstitute.org/

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    The Image Permanence Institute at RIT is the place to go for this type of test.

https://www.imagepermanenceinstitute.org/

PE
    Hmmm. Very expensive.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Setting up your own is not hard, just time consuming (and expensive from the POV of the materials consumed) if you wish to go that way.

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I think an accelerated aging test of prints and negatives would be worthwhile if I can do it in my apartment. I may see if they can tell me how to do an approximate test.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Seal some in plastic bags, tape some to the window (facing north if possible) and save some in plastic bags in the freezer.

Read the R/G/B densities of all sets in the same place every month for a year and plot that.

PE

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin