Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,037   Online: 832

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Kodak Color Separation Guide with Grey Scale Small Size

I have just bought a canon film camera (EOS elan 2) in a local second hand shop and I would like to Adjust the meter to match actual results in the camera. I looked on google and i found this link :

http://super.nova.org/DPR/Ratios/
    This is for adjusting the meter to mach actual result in a digital camera but, unless I am mistaken, it would work with a film camera (i intend to use slide film)
    the guy recommands to user a Kodak Color Separation Guide with Grey Scale Small Size as seen here :

Do I really need a chart like that to adjust my meter and if so, I was wondering if that stuff was still manufactured.

I realise that it might be a silly query but i am treading in uncharted territory here (no pun intended) an I would appreciate some input from you guys.

Search on the web led me to one available on Amazon.co.uk website but I am not sure about it because there is a bad review. I looked on the Calumet photo UK website but did not find any, same with ebay website.

I am at a loss.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The chart in the top center is a MacBeth Color Checker. It is still sold. The chart at the bottom is a Kodak chart that used to be in the Color Dataguide. It and several others similar to it are still sold in two sizes at most camera stores.

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Yes, I just recently purchased one about a month or two ago. I use them regularly for checking color accuracy in art reproduction.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    The chart in the top center is a MacBeth Color Checker. It is still sold. The chart at the bottom is a Kodak chart that used to be in the Color Dataguide. It and several others similar to it are still sold in two sizes at most camera stores.

PE
    Is the kodak chart that one :

http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-Color-Se.../dp/B00009R7G9

Looks like it is not available iin the UK.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    That is the correct one. You can search for Kodak Q-13, the official label for this scale.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One very much like that is included in the Color Dataguide as well.

It also has a gray card in it.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    One very much like that is included in the Color Dataguide as well.

It also has a gray card in it.

PE
    hard to find those one. I wonder if any one would have a spare one to sell ?

Shooter
    35mm
    back to my original question if someone would be so kind to answer it : Do I really need a chart like that to adjust my meter to match the actual results to my film camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Check Amazon

If you do decide to buy one I just checked on Amazon and there are several of them, new and used, for sale. Just search Kodak Color Dataguide under Books.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have checked in amazon. problem is it take up to 4 weeks to deliver. Hence my original question : Do I really need a chart like that to adjust my meter to match the actual results to my film camera ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin