Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,736   Online: 1091

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Athiril

>You mean 500T, only Fuji has 500D (Reala 500D).

You are right... I typoed. I meant to say Kodak ECN films in the past and the Fuji 500D and 64D I am using now.

>Subsequent rinsing will not remove all remjet on some films. Some films it just falls off really easily, some films it is too stubborn, squeege it at some point as a test and look at your fingers for black particles.

I have a unique water situation here in SD. The city's well is 2500 feet down into the Maddison Aquifer and comes up at a nice 120 degrees F. Although it is much cooler by the time it gets to me (right near the well), the water is very alkaline, and interestingly, not hard and loaded minerals at all. It will test a 9+ on the litmus paper kit. Since the borax solution that is used to remove the remjet is also alkaline my straight water rinses are quite effective.

I have to use distilled water to make my chemistry for B&W and color, but I use tap water for rinses. When hanging my films to dry, I always use a folded paper towel to wipe the length of the film back to eliminate water spots. I've never had any residue on the paper after wiping the film.
    Gun Control is like: Reducing drunk driving by making it harder for SOBER people to buy cars.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    So, I had another try at this film/dev combo (my last) and felt,
    in the interest of full disclosure I'd post the results. Not sure of
    the rules regarding external links but here goes:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1145398...eat=directlink

I thought I was pretty careful with the exposure and development but, apparently, was /not/ careful about removing the rem-jet but that's not
    the cause of the uneven color.

It seems like even slight under/over exposure really throws off the result. The couple that are passable also seem to have the most even exposure.

On to something else!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    YES, very interesting indeed. The blue cast is because 5219 is a Tungsten rated film (3200°K). Use the 85B and wham your dialed in!

Thanks for sharing this!

Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    Bob ,

You did a great experiment and very very useful post where these films comes extremelly cheap. May be I can buy a 100 feet and remove the remjet before going to my fat labman. Yes colors are serious and white rose looks very aesthetic. Green is correct but blue scared me litle bit , wall and bokeh area looks like a Jean. This blue is a new trend in cinema films and I dont like it but for me , try and find the best.

thank you for this useful post ,

Umut
    Istanbul

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    It would be really cool if Kodak came out with printing paper that was designed for optical printing from ECN-2. Is that even possible?
    Yes. Except for ecomics as this not merely means exchanging the base but the emulsion too, as we are know
    speaking of reflected light viewing.

Would there be a problem with releasing ECN film without rem-jet, for still camera use? I mean, Vision 500T looks like a super-badass film.
    No. Except for economics... Though here it is a minor isue of leaving out just one step in coating.
    Furthermore now there are other elements available to substitute the rem-jet layer, making removal of a layer obsolate.

And everyone says that movie film sales prop up still film sales, well, why not standardize still film to motion picture film technology?
    That would be motion picture print-films. Sales of motion picture films are decreasing too.

Melting both systems nevertheless could be a way to go. Be aware though that now both systems employ different contrast ratios for their materials.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin