Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,121   Online: 1135

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bblhed View Post
    Maybe you are lucky enough to have a good scanner that shipped with nice software, I am not. I have software that can correct the color as well, but if I have it scanned by a lab I don't have to correct it at all. I don't bother any more, even for 35mm if I want Ektar scanned I have the lab do it. I have no problems with any other film but Ektar. I believed this was a user or software problem, I even tried using Viewscan and still had to adjust after scanning, now I just let the people with the $30,000 scanner do it. I like my Canoscan 8800f, but it does not scan Ektar 100 well, Portra, Gold, B&W of all sorts work fine so I know it is not me, it is something to do with the way Ektar and my scanner interact. If it was me all my scans would need heavy correction, they do not.
    I use a V500 with Epson Scan software. I use the colour balance tool, though typically I reset all corrections and expand levels to not clip any info and correct using levels and colour balance in Photoshop.. so that I dont have to rescan if I want to correct differently later, I can correct exactly the same in Epson scan.

VueScan is terrible. It isn't Ektar and your scanner, it's understanding colour and the basic methods of correction. You do not need fancy manipulation and profiles that can't be represented by a curve.

Shooter
    35mm
    If I shoot colour neg in medium format now it is usually Ektar.
    I get it processed by a local Kodak lab who have a 120 carrier for their minilab and scan it on a Epson V700.
    I turn off all corrections and set it so no clipping happens and adjust colour balance and contrast in photoshop when I'm removing the couple of inevitable dust spots.
    I am looking forward to printing it optically when I finally get my darkroom set up and get some colour stuff.
    Until then I'll keep shooting it and scanning.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not good news for Kodak again in the news. The WSJ had more updates on its future. Best stock up on Kodak film soon, diminishing film is a priority.
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...KEYWORDS=Kodak

You may need to subscribe to read full story, i do not know fore sure, I read the paper every day.

Lee

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin