Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,916   Online: 853

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    For skateboarding, I'm guessing sometimes you'll want fast shutter speeds, and maybe in the evening, that will require a fast film, so for that, I'd go Portra 400, maybe Provia 400X if you want E6.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think, considering the way this question is asked and phrased, AND the fact that Jaime doesn't have a particular look he is after, my guess is the "best" film for him would be any consumer grade color film available at regular stores. They tend to produce very neutral and "hard to go wrong" type of results. Pro films are designed to enhance certain characteristics and are best suited for the purpose intended. True, in skilled hand they can be made to do just about anything, I don't think OP is up for that task at this stage.

I would say, get an ISO 400 color print film like Ultramax 400, keep the shutter speed high, and see what you get.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Personally I like the Portras, but E100VS might be just the right thing for you if that it is the look you are going for. I'd consider it if I were shooting bmx/skate/action type things.

Shooter
    35mm
    You'll need 1/1000 to freeze the action with skating, maybe 1/500 is fine with Bikes. Here in the UK, where the sun is always behind clouds, I could squeeze 1/1000 @ f/2.8 with 400 film. If I was doing it now I'd choose Superia 800. But in California you may be able to use 100 speed and easily get 1/1000.

Take care if the sun is high and your friends are wearing baseball caps - you may get a shadow over the face. Also take note of what stance the skaters are and position yourself accordingly, you want to avoid the butt-shot at all costs.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    hmmm looks like im getting Ektar and Velvia and e100vs suggested alot. I guess I'll have to try all three seeing that I havent tried either.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would go for Ektra!

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Here's an E100VS shot of a person in full sunlight. Ektar is nice too, but not quite as in your face (in my opinion).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tgray1/...in/photostream

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin