Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,864   Posts: 1,583,195   Online: 797

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

220 film paper leader length?

I'm in need of some information for doing panos with 35mm film in my Bronica 6x7, namely the distance between the "start" mark on the paper and where the film begins. If anyone has recently developed a roll of 220 and you still have the leader paper, could you provide the length between these two points?

TIA.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would be concerned about the trailing 'tail' of the 220 jamming the back up, since 35mm is not full width to tape the tail onto.

Why not stick to 120 and tape the lead end of 35mm down where the 120 tape residue is left on an old backing paper? Perhaps keep it aligned with a bit of cello tape along one edge?
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the take-up spool taped to keep the 35mm film straight. When it's at the end of the roll, I take the back off in the DR or changing bag and roll the film back into the cartridge. I get 12 exposures on a 24 exposure roll, but there's enough room for another exposure, thus the need for knowing the distance between the start mark and the film.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pano.png  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You don't have a roll of 220 film you could take apart in your darkroom?

This is what you need, but it's very expensive.
    http://www.iso.org/iso/iso_catalogue...csnumber=29302
    http://www.amazon.com/ISO-732-Photog.../dp/B000XYSW2Q

I have a roll of 220 loaded in one of my cameras, but it'll probably be a week or so before I finish the roll. By then, I'm sure someone will be able to give you the answer. But if not, I'll let you know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Length of paper = 22.25"
    Film to Start mark = 7.5"

There's about an inch and a half of unexposed film past the paper, so I'm going to try 8.5" for my start mark to film.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin