Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,715   Posts: 1,483,040   Online: 778

Shooter
    Multi Format

E-6 Partially underexposed: Push or not?

I recently shot a roll of Elite Chrome Extra Color and accidentally turned the exposure compensation knob to -2/3 sometime during the roll. Would it be better to push +1/3 to find a middle ground, or is there enough latitude to process normally?
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    What do you want to do with the slides? Project them? Ilfochrome? Hybrid workflow?
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Under exposed by two-thirds of a stop? I think if you shot these in bright sunlight, you may even prefer the results a little under exposed, the skies should come out a little more blue, and other colours perhaps a tad more saturated.

Personally, I'd probably process as normal, just to see the results, and depending on the subject, I may have done that on purpose anyway.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Because the roll contains shots that are exposed normally and shots that are 2/3 stop under, I would process normally. With transparency film, you will do generally do more harm by pushing normally exposed shots than you will by not pushing underexposed shots. The exception would be if you shot in flat lighting for the entire roll. In that case, a push would add some "snap" to the normally exposed shots, and keep the underexposed ones from looking like mud.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin