Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,816   Posts: 1,581,633   Online: 839

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Film that's old enough to vote

I shot some images this morning with some VPS-III that, until yesterday, had been in the freezer since late 1986 (it expired 11/1988).

I never expect miracles, but happily accept them when they arrive. Have a look:

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2852
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks great Bob. That's interesting, thanks for posting. I expect any B&W film would keep just as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We should all take a shot of our freezers.

I have rolls and sheets studying for their bar and bat mitzvah’s , many are old enough to drive and some that are ready to defeat Bush -- for a second time.

If it wasn't for the wonders of 'frost free' I wouldn't be able to get some of my film out without an ice pick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcallow
    We should all take a shot of our freezers.

I have rolls and sheets studying for their bar and bat mitzvah’s , many are old enough to drive and some that are ready to defeat Bush -- for a second time.

If it wasn't for the wonders of 'frost free' I wouldn't be able to get some of my film out without an ice pick.
    Just remember not to put them in the microwave to defrost :o

Bob I knew b&w was good for years but that colour has really surprised me. Beautiful picture as well btw

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Pretty awesome. I have some 1975 films I should give a try. But I figure it may serve better as a collectable item hehh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The photo gods are smiling upon you, Bob. Congrats.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    About four years ago, I shot some Kodachrome 25 that expired in 1984 but had been frozen for years before that. It was fine. I also had some frozen Ektachrome 400 and 64 that was left over from a commercial assignment that had expired in 1986 that looked as good as it did when new. For the Ektachrome 400, that meant it still sucked.

I was surprised by the Ektachrome. I had expected some loss of speed or color shift.

Images
    I thought that we were going to avoid political threads on this site.

No film, but I did excavate a piece of mystery meat from my freezer yesterday. I'm guessing that it is Mastodon.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I don't have any film that old, but I just finished a 4x5 packet of Azo grandpa had that expired the year I was born (1961), beautiful images out of amidol. Of course this was kept in the strictest of archives, the garage, so it only went through about 45 summers.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    35mm

Which party

This film that is old enough to vote: Is it Republican, Democrat or Independent?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin