Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,783   Online: 1055

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Memories Film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by F/1.4 View Post
    I guess, but am I not entitled to an opinion?
    You are certainly entitled to have an opinion. It wasn't your opinion that was being criticized but the invective that went along with it.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Both of you, knock it off. I started this thread to discuss Memories film. If you feel you must continue with your pissing contest, take it to PMs please.

Back to the topic:

So, nobody has any comments about Memories edge code, which reads "200N"?

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Don't know Kodak edge codes but it's a longshot possibility it's a Gold emulsion. Though Kodak didn't do store/offbrand like Fuji, there's this recent example of a rebadged film that didn't sell in N. America. Dollar store merchandizing siphons up stuff globally, so who knows?

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/9...ml#post1219438

Possibly Konica or another Japanese brand?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Konica is long gone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cooltouch View Post
    So, nobody has any comments about Memories edge code, which reads "200N"?
    I would guess 200 speed color negative. Doesn't give a clue as to the manufacturer.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Its like Kodak Package. Price was 2.50 , if you find it for cents , dont miss your chance.
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 08-07-2011 at 11:14 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    my dear fellows, this is the very same film you can get in Muller drugstores across Europe, the code on the developed neg is the same, as well as the look and the color of film cartridge. I already shot some of this film, it is called "basic" the 200 ISO, while the 400 is called "dynamic", which looks nicer to me. But you can get the 200 film in a 5-pack for 3.50 EUR! It actually needs some overexposure, otherwise the negs are a bit too thin, and graininess is bad, too. But, the price/performance ratio is hardly beatable!

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by T-grain View Post
    my dear fellows, this is the very same film you can get in Muller drugstores across Europe, the code on the developed neg is the same, as well as the look and the color of film cartridge. I already shot some of this film, it is called "basic" the 200 ISO, while the 400 is called "dynamic", which looks nicer to me. But you can get the 200 film in a 5-pack for 3.50 EUR! It actually needs some overexposure, otherwise the negs are a bit too thin, and graininess is bad, too. But, the price/performance ratio is hardly beatable!
    OK but who makes it???

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by T-grain View Post
    It actually needs some overexposure, otherwise the negs are a bit too thin, and graininess is bad, too.
    I find this true for many color negative films.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's it, exactly, Mustafa. I don't know who else besides Fuji is still making film in Japan, but whoever is making it, it's really quite decent stuff I think, and I'm glad to see you folks agree.

I was rather surprised by the grain. Here's a pic of a bug I took with a Nikkor 35/2. Not exactly a macro lens, but it was what I had handy when I spotted the bug.

And a couple of 100% crops of bug. I didn't do any PP other than tight crops.

As you can see the grain is quite minimal. A far cry from the Superia 400 I've used (which is the onlly kind of Superia I've used), and even noticeably finer than Kodak Gold 200.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin