Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,686   Posts: 1,482,315   Online: 955

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    OK, just to add some pictures so you see what I see. (This is SO-291 which is apparently what Kodak called 2360 while it was in its experimental phase. I just happened to be unspooling some of that yesterday...)

Here is what the raw film looks like:

And here is what it looks like after just washing out the red dye (i.e. its "natural state" though you'd normally never see it this way because after washing the dye out, you proceed to process it!)

And here is what they look like front lit instead of backlit, just so you get a better idea of the colors:

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That film has been the coolest thing Ive seen today. Thanks for the pics!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well, then there's always SO-379 Fine Grain Release Positive (which I believe is the same thing as the production version, 5302). Despite the name it's a negative film (it's for making release positive prints from camera negatives) and it's nearly as translucent as the reversal film above. It passes about as much light, but there's enough frostiness to the emulsion that you can't really see stuff through it distinctly unless it's laying right on top of something. That's a fairly yellow color before processing, but then turns into a very normal looking negative with a greyish base once processed. See below.

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A very interesting thread. Thanks to all of you for posting your knowledge and findings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin