Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,158   Online: 805

Shooter
    Medium Format

C41 Problem - completely clear film

I have had a problem developing some C41 films with the Tetenal kit.
    I don't do large volumes so I get the Tetenal 1L kit and mix it as 500ml batches.
    I developed some 5x4 film last week and it was fine.

I wanted to develop three 120 rolls in my Jobo but I thought that this would need 600ml of solution to cover so I mixed 500ml fresh developer and added 100ml of the old.

The films came out completely clear. No branding on the rebate or anything. I'm trying to figure out what I did wrong. I've never had anything like this before.

Could it be that I topped up my developer with blix by accident?

I'm only relieved that I couldn't remember what the hell I had on those films so I don't feel a great loss

Thanks in advance for any responses,
    Marizu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Blix would totally kill your developer for sure, even a few drops would do it and 100mL would for sure. Obviously you should pour this batch out and start again. Sorry about your luck.

I always mix up the the entire 1L quantities and keep them in their own bottles. I reuse them many times, pouring the used solutions back in the bottle.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin