Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,871   Posts: 1,583,403   Online: 1103

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Film-Niko View Post
    Then forget this film and use instead Fuji Provia 400X:
    Provia 400X has much better colors (very natural and accurate, whereas the Rollei has a significant yellow cast),
    much much finer grain (the Rollei film is the most grainy slide film on the market),
    much higher resolution and much better sharpness.
    And the Fuji is much more versatile: Double speed, and even excellent pushed to 800 and 1600.
    sure - and this is what I am doing on regular base. Fuji for E-6 and Kodak Ektar for C-41. The problem is that I was in the situation having in my bag only this "creative" Crossbird free for shots and choice to make or to do not make shots. Now I am not sure how to squeeze best results from this Rollei gadget
    regards

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    That film is regular AFGA E-6 film, and while I am a Kodak shooter, I have heard good things about AFGA films. As long as you shot that film at the correct speed and did everything else as you would have for regular E-6 shooting you should be able to get good slides form that film if you process it as E-6.

Now here is the problem, if the film cassette is marked "process C-41" you may have a problem getting it processed in E-6 I don't know how LOMO marks their cassettes. Some places can be really picky and will only run the film as marked. If that is the case, you can always re-spool the film into a cassette marked E-6 then send out for processing, or even better, just process it yourself and save that trouble.

FYI: I will tell you that the place I have my C-41 done at checks every cassette before they put it into the machine, they look especially close at anything they never before, or don't see often. I know this because when I brought in my first roll of new Portra they wanted to check it before I even filled out the envelope. I do a lot of business with these people and they know I know my processes quite well, but they have a fairly "trust no one" policy that makes them one of the best drug store drop off places I know of.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bblhed View Post
    Now here is the problem, if the film cassette is marked "process C-41" you may have a problem getting it processed in E-6 I don't know how LOMO marks their cassettes. Some places can be really picky and will only run the film as marked. If that is the case, you can always re-spool the film into a cassette marked E-6 then send out for processing, or even better, just process it yourself and save that trouble.
    Super - than I will go for E-6. The lab troubles is not the case for me as I do process film by myself. Tetenal E-6 or C-41 on JOBO CPE
    regards

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm very interested to hear how this comes out. Crossbird is about the only colour film available in the UK for 127 format (apart from old stock) and I have a roll that I'm going to use soon in my Yashica 44.I'm hoping it's good as a straight slide film!

Regards,
    Simon

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonD View Post
    I'm very interested to hear how this comes out. Crossbird is about the only colour film available in the UK for 127 format (apart from old stock) and I have a roll that I'm going to use soon in my Yashica 44. I'm hoping it's good as a straight slide film!

Regards,
    Simon
    I am anxious to hear about, or see, your results as I also have a Y44a and other 127 cameras.

This is very exciting for us lonely 127 users. (Ilford, Fuji and Kodak have no care for us)
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    I am anxious to hear about, or see, your results as I also have a Y44a and other 127 cameras.

This is very exciting for us lonely 127 users. (Ilford, Fuji and Kodak have no care for us)
    I developed Crossbird in Tetenal E-6. Whole film was exposed for 30 min in the same place therefore only one frame is presented as others differ from each other only by photographed persons. Sample you may find here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/big_lyn...in/photostream

Remarks:

* I would like to confirm that Crossbird is CR-200. The film is marked as CR 200 (http://www.macodirect.de/). This means that Crossbird = CR200 and only Maco knows why Crossbird is 1EURO more expensive than CR200 :-;
    * Crossbird 120 is very curly and has hard and thick film base
    * Colors are very vivid-ed and dominated by warm (yellow) tone. Pictures are of high contrast
    * Film is very clean for chemistry not putting visible influence on working solutions
    regards

Shooter
    127 Format
    Can we get CR-200 in 127 size?

Your sample looks great. Has a kind of "Ferrania" look to it.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm

Your sample looks great. Has a kind of "Ferrania" look to it.
    Crossbird = CR 200.
    Crossbird is offered in 127 format.
    Alternative for 127 slide film shooters are the respooled 120 Fuji films offered in the US (at B&H for example).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As far as I see - yes: http://www.macodirect.de/rollei-crossbird-p-1784.html

You may also purchase spools (http://www.macodirect.de/spool-forma...r2-p-2244.html) and try to adopt a 120 film on them
    regards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin