Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,217   Online: 860

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I just received a copy of the Ilford Cibachrome-AII publication today, and on Page 14 it states,

"If unopened packages of paper are stored in a refrigerator at 50 degrees F or below, good printing results may be expected for up to two months after the expiration date. Storage in a freezer at 0 degrees F can extend the life even further".

Ilford goes on to say,

"You can store unopened packages of paper at room temperature for three to four months without seeing changes in the paper. However, if possible, we recommend refrigeration."

To avoid condensation of moisture on surface of sheets of unopened packages, "allow refrigerated packages approximately four hours to reach room temperature and allow twelve hours for freezer stored packages to reach room temperature"

Finally, Ilford goes on to say, "Open packages should be kept at room temperature...not in the refrigerator or freezer"

So it looks like the take home message here is that once you open the package of paper, you should not put it back in refrigeration.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivaldi View Post
    Finally, Ilford goes on to say, "Open packages should be kept at room temperature...not in the refrigerator or freezer"

So it looks like the take home message here is that once you open the package of paper, you should not put it back in refrigeration.
    "Ilford says" != "it will screw it up if you do it."

It MIGHT, but I suspect it won't if you seal the package carefully. I bet they just want to CYA (er, CTA) against people handling it sloppily.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I am thinking about ordering the P3 chemistry, but I am not sure how to store it after it has been opened. Can someone give me some guidance on the best way to do this?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    The unmixed P3 concentrates do not readily oxidize. If you're using them over a period of several months, just keep them out of the light in a cool place and keep the lids tight. Never mix more than you need is a single work session. And remember that the bleach is very corrosive. Rinse the outside of the container well and always handle it with plastic or rubber gloves. Store it where none of the fumes can reach a residential room.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    anyone got a list of P3 part #'s that we can order from(or call up a local supplier at least to order from)?

thanks

-Dan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin