Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,516   Posts: 1,572,148   Online: 1038

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10x8 colour

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

10x8 colour

OK, I have a project in mind that means I might just sucumb to the garish charms of colour..... This is after saying I would never shot colour again....

I want to do this on 10x8, will do some experiments in 5x4 first but any suggestions for a rich but not to over the top colour film (neg or tranny)?
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by livemoa
    I want to do this on 10x8, will do some experiments in 5x4 first but any suggestions for a rich but not to over the top colour film (neg or tranny)?
    Ektachrome 64T (EPY) is, in my always humble and unbiased opinion, the best product Kodak makes. It has as long a scale as Tri-X, no trace of the harshness so prevalent in most chrome films, and perfect color balance. The chromes you get with it are beautiful in every way.
    Jim

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    OK, I have a project in mind that means I might just sucumb to the garish charms of colour..... This is after saying I would never shot colour again....

Is this an indoor or outdoor project?

I've used Fuji Provia 100F on landscapes with my 8x10 and I'm happy with my results.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good point, will mainly be indoors with natural light and maybe some fill flash from a soft box

Quote Originally Posted by colrehogan
    Is this an indoor or outdoor project?

I've used Fuji Provia 100F on landscapes with my 8x10 and I'm happy with my results.
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Good point, will mainly be indoors with natural light and maybe some fill flash from a soft box
    I would use Fuji Provia 100F in that case, much more accurate colors. If you were doing outside landscapes then I would suggest Fuji Velvia 100F - the saturation isn't as high as the old 50, but, still good.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd also suggest Provia, David. Best, John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, did a ring around,

Fuji supplier, minimum order, 20 Boxes!

Kodak only has Portia 160 NC and that comes in on order, no minimum, which is good, but no idea as to how long it will take....

Any one in Austraila know if I can get Provia in 10x8 sheet there?

David

Quote Originally Posted by John McCallum
    I'd also suggest Provia, David. Best, John
    David Boyce

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Fuji supplier, minimum order, 20 Boxes!
    Try ordering from Calumet in the US or in the UK. The US site has Provia 8x10 (50 sheets) in stock, a bit pricy - $384.99 USD + shipping. The UK site has Provia 8x10 (10 sheets) in stock for £68.70 + shipping.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Might go down that track yet. Thanks for looking it up for me.

Now, have you booked those NZ tickets yet... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    Try ordering from Calumet in the US or in the UK. The US site has Provia 8x10 (50 sheets) in stock, a bit pricy - $384.99 USD + shipping. The UK site has Provia 8x10 (10 sheets) in stock for £68.70 + shipping.
    David Boyce

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Now, have you booked those NZ tickets yet... :-)
    Not yet. I got an email from Travelocity today, with airfares at $800, which is great, but only good through November. I can't possibly come before January - partly because I wouldn't have a job if I did. Hmm, wonder if they need programmers in NZ.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin