Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,959   Posts: 1,558,122   Online: 1143

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Anybody try this yet? I am about to pull the plug on paper and chemicals for color printing and this paper may be a way to do it without spending lots up front

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd start with expired Supra Endura (Ebay) - it's as good as it gets and even a year out of date and not in the fridge it still prints perfectly.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
    I'd start with expired Supra Endura (Ebay) - it's as good as it gets and even a year out of date and not in the fridge it still prints perfectly.
    Thanks, I will look into that. I did order some Fuji paper before I read your response and do have a few questions if you don't mind. I read Horensteins book on color printing and he says that when using A jobo, developer is used as one shot so it maintain freshness. Is that right? Does not sound right to me. Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by coops View Post
    Thanks, I will look into that. I did order some Fuji paper before I read your response and do have a few questions if you don't mind. I read Horensteins book on color printing and he says that when using A jobo, developer is used as one shot so it maintain freshness. Is that right? Does not sound right to me. Cheers
    That's generally how people do it with a Jobo, since the solution required is so small with drums. I suppose you could pour a couple ounces from a big jug then pour it back in and treat it like a replenished system, but I don't know why you would. RA4 developer is really cheap anyway.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Trying to replenish from a simple drum setup would seem to be a recipe for all kinds of inconsistencies and nightmares.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    Trying to replenish from a simple drum setup would seem to be a recipe for all kinds of inconsistencies and nightmares.
    I agree and given the simplicity, consistency, and low price of RA4 chemicals (partly because you have to buy such large amounts if you use Kodak) I don't see any reason whatsoever to do it. But if someone is really determined, it might be possible.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have replenished using a Jobo and had good results (checked with Kodak process control strips). So it can be done. Normally I use a roller transport processor and I think I used a replenishment rate that was about 50% higher than for that with the developer. The only time I use the Jobo is for 20x24 prints, so lots of solution used.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I don't have the chemicals or Jobo in front of me so I am guessing a little here, but if I mix 4 liters of developer (Arista Kit) and use say 250cc a time in the drum, thats 4 prints per liter, or 16 prints from the entire kit? Are the other chemicals one shot also? I must be missing something here.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I don't have a Jobo, but in my own 20X24 drums I need only six ounces of chemistry per print, so it's
    hardly worth the risk and hassle of replenishment, let alone even more exposure to the fumes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    8x10s are usually about 2 ounces. Larger sizes proportionately more. No way would any size I've ever even considered printing take 250ml! That's nearly 10 ounces.

But I concede the idea may appeal more as print sizes go up.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin