Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,212   Posts: 1,532,032   Online: 1166

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    My Jobo drum takes 100ml and will develop two 8x10 sheets, so perhaps 50ml will do one 8x10. That will do about 20 sheets per liter, or 80 sheets for the entire 4 liter pack. What do you guys who use trays do? Do you fill the tray with a liter and use it for 20 prints and discard it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by coops View Post
    What do you guys who use trays do? Do you fill the tray with a liter and use it for 20 prints and discard it?
    Save it till it's spent.
    Im using the Kodak RA-RT in trays at room temp.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    Save it till it's spent.
    Im using the Kodak RA-RT in trays at room temp.
    Thanks Bruce. Trying to understand how this is different to putting my 100 mls back into the liter bottle and re-using. I read a few minutes ago that 1 liter of Arista color chemicals should do about 60-70 8x10 prints. Thats a big difference from 20 prints I would get using as one shot. Seems I should just try it both ways and see.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well for one thing a jobo oxidizes developers faster than even an open tray.
    I have no experience with jobo or rotary but in my experience the RA4 developers store well.

Shooter
    35mm

Not the ones I use

I have no experience with jobo or rotary but in my experience the RA4 developers store well.
    The 2-bath kit I get from Freestyle is already shot, and it's about 2 weeks old. And the Kodak makes way too much...
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    The 2-bath kit I get from Freestyle is already shot, and it's about 2 weeks old. And the Kodak makes way too much...
    Mixed fresh and spoiled in two weeks?

Something is VERY wrong, or VERY different from the Kodak.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think they store decently. I was using chems mixed the first week of April last week. They did decent, though I could tell the developer was about to die. I increased the amount for each print, but the blacks were becoming bluish (only in corners)....overall, I was impressed I even had that good of luck with them.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    I determine the correct proportions needed to make 1/2 gallon from the kodak 10 gallon kits, and use it to tray develop until it's expired; usually around 30 11x14 sheets.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don't think the Jobo causes that much oxidation with the print drums. I use a low speed, and with replenishment I can get many more than 20 sheets per liter. Plus by replenishing I can feel free to add more than the bare minimum of chemistry to ensure adequate coverage since I know I'm not tossing all of the chemistry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I was doing RA-4 in drums, I did manual replenishement. I'd pour 1/3 new solution in with 2/3 used solution on each run. So, for a 60ml load (say an 8x10 Cibachrome drum with kodak chems and ra4 paper), after pouring out the dev, I'd save 40ml of it. For the next print, I'd use that and add 20ml fresh developer. It worked fine that way.

Currently I use a Fujimoto CP-31 with it's own replenishment system. I think I have the replensihment rate set to 10ml (range of 5ml to 45ml), which is based on a print area that runs through the processor. So, something like 10ml per 8x10 or whatever. ( I can look up the ratios if need be.) Using it this way, I get about 45 8x10s per liter of RA-RT. I've been using the same batch of 10L (all mixed at once) since the end of last November with no problems.

-Ed

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin