Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,812   Posts: 1,581,556   Online: 975

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    So... did anyone try this stuff?
    Yep. It's Fuji CA Type II. It's nice that they sell it in affordable 50-sheet boxes

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Excellent; thanks!

I know what I'm papering my loungeroom with, just don't tell my wife

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    How do you actually know if it's specifically CAII ??

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    How do you actually know if it's specifically CAII ??
    I don't know for a fact that it is CAII, but all my testing points to it. I have been using a variety of papers - ebay-purchased Kodak Supra Endura cut from rolls, Fuji CA Type II, leftover Fuji CA Type C, and the Arista stuff - and the Arista and CA Type II look exactly the same. Same blacks, same contrast, seemingly same paper weight, and almost identical filtration.

Compared to the papers I use and my old prints (on Kodak Porta Endura, Supra, and Ultra; and Fuji Type-P) there is no distinguishing between the Arista and the Type II.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I might sound nitpicky, but I've got a good reason. I assume it has the Fuji imprint on the back. My main concern would be that it's not leftover Super C paper - which was fine stuff in its own right,
    but not quite a good per color rendition as CAII, which also happens to be slightly thinner, and has
    a little cleaner white base to it. Guess I'll have to try some. Be nice if they had 30x40 boxes again, but I assume I'll just have to cut from rolls, and only use Arista for the small sizes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The most recent (fall 2012) says made in the usa. ?
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin