Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,820   Online: 866

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Freestyle "Aristacolor" RA 4 paper

Just got a print catalog from Freestyle and they now list a house brand RA4 paper. It says it's made in Japan so I presume it's Fuji, and probably regular Crystal Archive.

The listed prices are slightly cheaper than the Fuji brand product but, more importantly for some of us maybe, available in smaller size boxes. This isn't too important at 8x10 where I'd buy 100 sheets but in 11x14 it would save me buying 100 sheets when I might take quite a while to use up the whole box. Larger sizes are listed in the same sheet counts as the Fuji, just slightly cheaper. It's listed in Glossy and Lustre, no matte, which is fine with me.

I keep saying "listed" instead of "available" because it doesn't show up on their web site and even a search by the item numbers in the catalog don't turn it up. Usually the web site is more up to date than the print catalogs.

Anyone know anything about this? I'm not quite at the point of diving back into color darkroom yet, but as soon as I clear out some of the black and white backlog I may do so.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Saw That Too

I noticed the same thing. Highlighted as a new item in the recent Catalog, but not listed at all on the website. Let's hope the Catalog is right and their webmaster is on vacation!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Just got a print catalog from Freestyle and they now list a house brand RA4 paper. It says it's made in Japan so I presume it's Fuji, and probably regular Crystal Archive.

The listed prices are slightly cheaper than the Fuji brand product but, more importantly for some of us maybe, available in smaller size boxes. This isn't too important at 8x10 where I'd buy 100 sheets but in 11x14 it would save me buying 100 sheets when I might take quite a while to use up the whole box. Larger sizes are listed in the same sheet counts as the Fuji, just slightly cheaper. It's listed in Glossy and Lustre, no matte, which is fine with me.

I keep saying "listed" instead of "available" because it doesn't show up on their web site and even a search by the item numbers in the catalog don't turn it up. Usually the web site is more up to date than the print catalogs.

Anyone know anything about this? I'm not quite at the point of diving back into color darkroom yet, but as soon as I clear out some of the black and white backlog I may do so.
    That was my same thought exactly when I came across that last week. Definitely will get me some 11x14 paper soon.

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Might be Mitsubishi which is retailing in the US, at least in rolls. Dont know about cut paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PDH View Post
    Might be Mitsubishi which is retailing in the US, at least in rolls. Dont know about cut paper.
    Everything points toward Fuji....but I'm sure we'll see with the prints and print quality.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecnichols View Post
    Everything points toward Fuji....but I'm sure we'll see with the prints and print quality.
    If anybody ever gets their hands on the stuff. Not on the website even when searched by item number seems to make it vaporware for now.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    My question would be, exactly which Fuji paper? Is it the latest CA II or cut from leftover rolls of Super
    C or something else? Either way, you'd be getting a good paper, but there are subtle characteristics which are a little different one from the other. The latest paper has a slightly whiter base.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Roger,
    I always get very fast replies to emails.

I'd be interested in this stuff also.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm just reluctant to email and ask about it when I'm not ready to actually buy any yet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I'm just reluctant to email and ask about it when I'm not ready to actually buy any yet.
    They wont care. They are extremely cool.

I bug Marv all the time if a product is being discontinued.
    He will give me exactish numbers on how much/many rolls etc are left of a discontinued product.

Really great service there as most already know.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin