Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,736   Posts: 1,515,509   Online: 1087

Shooter
    Medium Format

Fujichrome question please

I was looking through a few Sensia slides last night,and noticed there was these dull white marks on the emulsion side. The marks are not even and appear in randoms places,they look like thin uneven lines going across the slide emulsion,sometimes a small swirl going off the frame,generally there are a couple of marks on each slide. Could this be drying marks i'm seeing?.

Thank you.
    Last edited by bishy; 08-24-2011 at 12:06 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    maybe... are these machine processed? If so, they could be some sort of artifact from a roller processor. The other issue is they could be the residue scum that is left when the film is quickly force air dried.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes,they are roller processed slides.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sounds like it hasnt been fixed fully. If by white, they are opaque white?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    Sounds like it hasnt been fixed fully. If by white, they are opaque white?

Yes you are correct a opaque white. I noticed that from frame 1-18 the slides are fine and no marks,yet the problem increased as each frame went on. The worst ones were from frame 28-34.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin