Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,680   Online: 726

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by iranzi View Post
    Theory is all fine and good, anyone can learn it, but real life practical examples/evidence is hard to come by, unfortunately.
    So test for yourself.

IMO one reason examples are hard to come by is that most people don't do formal testing, they go shooting have a problem, find a fix, and then throw out the trash and move on.

I do know from experience that, yes, I can correct an open shade shot on daylight film in an enlarger but that life is easier when I filter for it.

I think part of it is that when I filter I use a filter factor which means I actually get all the layers exposed well, I don't get say film's that have underexposed blues or reds.

Using filters (1) forces me to be honest with myself about the exposure settings I really need and (2) preserves the under/overexposure latitude of the film and (3) makes printing easier.

Seriously, why would you expect us to keep or show off our trash?
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    Seriously, why would you expect us to keep or show off our trash?
    No idea what you mean by that. Thanks for your information though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by iranzi View Post
    No idea what you mean by that. Thanks for your information though.
    You are welcome.

The phase simply means that when I have a photo that obviously fails because of problems with exposure, lack of a filter, focus, or loading the sheets in the holder emulsion down or whatever else might go awry; I feel no need to put more time into "saving" it or sharing it.

I learn my lesson, throw away the ruined film, and move on. I'm happy to share the lesson but the examples I learned from are gone.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I see. Perhaps someone else had done some testing though. Like Athiril's before and after example with the polariser. That one is really astounding. Cheers

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Athiril, do you know why the greens in post #37 are much more muted whereas the previous example with a polariser has such electric greens?
    Great images though. Definitely worth getting a polarising filter.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin