Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,725   Online: 979

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images

Good C-41 Lab in the Mid-Atlantic?

I've been shooting some 120 C-41 and need a lab to send to to process only in the Mid-Atlantic region. Any suggestions? Quality, quality, quality is most important!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dodge Chrome in Silver Spring, Maryland, www.dodgechrome.com

Excellent full-service commercial lab can do anything you want, including sheet film up to 8x10.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [a href=http://www.colourworks.com]Colourworks in Wilmington, DE[/a] is a top-notch lab. Not only can they develop C-41, they can also do optical printing.

Another good quality lab (from my experience) is [a href=http://www.philadelphiaphotographics.com]Philadelphia Photographics[/a] in Center City Philadelphia. As I said, all of my experiences have been excsllent, but others have complained that their processing is unpredictable.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Chrome was at one time one of the top labs in DC.
    They have now merged with Dodge Color and I haven't used them recently.

IDK what the shipping policies are but they would be safe to try.

I do think there are several decent labs still operating in Philly.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Another vote for Dodge/Chrome. I've used them recently and their C-41 is the best I can find in the area. Priced accordingly unfortunately. But they have no problem with receiving your film by mail and shipping it back out. Expect a 3-4 day turnaround. If you need it faster, try the New York City labs, like Duggal.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks guys! I'm going with Dodgechome. I use them for E-6, so I will stick with them for C-41. I was hoping for something a bit cheaper maybe, but if quality is important you pay for it I guess.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can highly recommend http://www.oldschoolphotolab.com Great quality, great prices, plus free shipping both ways. Their web host was knocked out by the hurricane, but keep trying their site.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin