Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,583   Posts: 1,545,778   Online: 1031

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It is a bit worrying that you shot a roll of Provia 100F,only to find in the film cassette,a 24 exp roll of Sensia 400. I think i read the post right?

I noticed on a roll of Velvia 50 yesterday,the film rewound after frame 32,never had that before. I hope my camera is not playing up,will see on the next roll.
    Last edited by bishy; 09-01-2011 at 01:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ntenny View Post
    It looks like the Sensia edge markings, all right. And the thin images would be explained by overexposure (I shot it at 100). But now I'm back to the original question: What would cause an E-6 film to come out with positive images, but tinted green?

Also, there's the little point that I've never owned a roll of Sensia in my life---certainly not a 24-exposure roll of Sensia. Freestyle (where I get my slide film) doesn't seem to offer any slide film in 24 exposures. The images on the film are mine, so it's not like my roll got switched with someone else's. What *happened* here???

-NT
    many years ago we had a small group of tiger barbs in our fish tank.
    there were maybe 6 of them ... one day i was counting them
    and there were like 7 or 8 fish in there ...
    i asked someone who was a fish expert what he thought, seeing our tank
    wasn't stress free and i didn't think the fish were going to be able to
    increase their population on their own ...

he said: " have you heard of alien abduction theory "
    i said: " yup "
    he said: " this is just the opposite, you are getting more fish, not less "

so maybe there is a connection with you, and your slides, and film you have never used before ...

maybe ... they aren't yours at all .... but they belong to " another you "

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just figured out where the film came from (and I'm afraid it has nothing to do with John's tiger barbs). A couple of months ago, I opened a drawer in my mother-in-law's kitchen and found an unused roll of Fujichrome 400. She had no real idea how old it was; I checked that it really did say "process E-6", then volunteered to go ahead and shoot it and see what happened. So I did, and put it in the cabinet where I keep E-6 film to be taken in for development, then forgot all about the whole episode.

I'm guessing Fujichrome 400 is an old branding of Sensia, so that explains why I had a roll of film I never expected to have. My advancing years explain why it took me so long to remember that.

Does the age of the film by itself suffice to explain the results? The color shift seems possible (though in the past, when I've shot way-past-date slide film, it's gone pink rather than green), but the thin results seem kind of backwards. If it's lost sensitivity, shouldn't the results look like underexposure, i.e., dark images?

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    aww shucks !

i was going to send you off to http://www.conspiracy.co
    i recently had to upgrade my tin foil hat !

john

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin