Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,811   Online: 1017

Shooter
    Medium Format

Homemade E-6 Recipes?

Hi!

I'm in the US and shoot E-6 occasionally as a hobby. I had been using the Tetenal three-bath kit, but that seems to be gone now, as well as the smaller Kodak six-bath solutions.

I found this recipe to make the stuff myself (Google watkins factor e-6; I guess I can't post links?), for which I'm certainly game if it works. Does anyone with more experience think this looks like it will work? Or do you have any other recipes you use that for sure work?

...or any other tips/suggestions?
    120 and 135 film, manually shot and self-processed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The developing agents in the 1st developer are not correct! The pH of both developers is critical and should be specifically stated and you should adjust the pH to those values. The bleach is OK but needs a good wash and clearing bath after the color developer in order to assure no stain forms, and the fixer is quite weak for a reversal color film!

Those are my comments.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Freestyle still lists their house brand Arista stuff. I think it's made by Unicolor. I'd certainly try that and probably will before trying to scratch mix E-6.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just buy the Kodak parts, apart from bleach, its cheap.

The first developer is very easy to use, especially replenished.

If they are not listed at your usual place, give them the Kodak catalogue numbers, anyone with a Kodak account can get them in for you, and if they have any sense of customer service they will.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin