Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,701   Online: 981

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    E100VS pushed 2 stops would probably be best saturation. They will all be better at box speed for details though - both shadow and highlight details, and colour balance.

Is there a reason you need the extra 2 stops of speed on such a film like Velvia or E100VS? I thought you would be shooting nature or landscapes with such things and using a tripod?
    I will be shooting landscapes. But with ISO 400 a tripod is not needed as much.
    Bill

Pentax 645, Pentax 6X7MLU, and many Nikons-F2 Photomic F2AS FM2N N2000 N6000 N6006 Nikomat FTN

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing.
    It's not a BAD thing, just not what I want.
    Bill

Pentax 645, Pentax 6X7MLU, and many Nikons-F2 Photomic F2AS FM2N N2000 N6000 N6006 Nikomat FTN

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by f/16 View Post
    I will be shooting landscapes. But with ISO 400 a tripod is not needed as much.
    Ektar 100 pushed 2 stops will be the best pushed saturated film you can get. It won't fall apart like E-6 does.

Otherwise, you have 400X for E-6 for 400 speed and that's it.

If you don't mind C-41 and don't need a slide that you intend on projecting in person, then Portra 800 has high saturation and low contrast to capture high contrast landscapes without losing anything. Though Portra 400 is much better for 35mm, saturation a bit lower, and contrast higher, but has no problem with high contrast scenes.

I'm not sure if Sensia 400 is still around?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin