Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,220   Posts: 1,532,312   Online: 914

Shooter
    Medium Format

E6 processing labs UK

Hi everyone,

Been searching around at various options via mail order in the UK. So far i have used Peak Imaging and The Darkroom with good results.

Been searching around and found Transpacolor and Digitalab offer a competive priced E6 service also. Any feedback on these labs please?. I really should stick to one lab,but i'm just interested to sample other options available to finally make my mind up.

Thank you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There's Palm in Birmingham, also Peter Gaffney but he's 35mm only both good labs. The main two labs I used for 30 years have closed.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    I've used Transpacolor (and Peak Imaging) for many years....no problems with either. Clean processing, good colours and prompt service.

d_c

Shooter
    35mm
    Metro Imaging in London EC1 have a postal service

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Genie Imaging are pretty reasonable, although I don't find them as fast as Peak or The Darkroom.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you for the advice everyone.

I have sent a batch of film off in the post to four seperate processing labs this morning. I will be looking forward to seeing the processing results and the return service each lab provide.
    Last edited by bishy; 09-26-2011 at 03:20 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Report back your findings, please.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes no problem. I will update the thread,once all the rolls are back and inspected!

All the best.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just thought i would post my findings, after receiving the four film's back. I was pleased to note the difference in the service offered by the labs,return packaging,documents,freepost box/envelopes for next order from two of the four labs etc.

I found a clear favourite for my own personal use,this was Peak Imaging. I like the return packaging the unmounted slides are sent in,the freepost box is handy also. The most important thing is the processing quailty,of which i find Peak to be so consistent. The slides looked so clean and sharp,with well saturated color. The quick turnaround and resonable total price of £6.19 which was second cheapest,The Darkroom first just by a few pence.

I was pleased to note the quailty of all four labs tested,it is very encouraging to know there are a few good lab's still out there.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin