Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,577   Online: 1013

Shooter
    Instant Films

E100 SW 1998 expiry date

I found this is the parking lot near my school, in the box, sealed. What recommendations can you guys give me for shooting this... I know my teacher last summer in color photo said that as film expires the iso drops... I am thinking of shooting it at 50 or 25.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I not sure about the film, if it is left out in the heat it may not be very good.

Jeff

Shooter
    Instant Films
    I don't really care about getting good results... just an image formed on the film, if that's possible. If this makes a difference it was garbage day, so it was being stored inside some ones apartment above the lot, not just outside. I'm sure of that.

Shooter
    35mm
    I doubt it would be that low. Maybe ISO 80. I've got some that expired in 2003 that I still shoot at box speed; it maybe tends to be a little underexposed, but since it's slide film I'd rather err in that direction than overexpose. Most likely you'll see a shift toward the magenta.

Shooter
    Instant Films
    THANKS!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Thirsty View Post
    I doubt it would be that low. Maybe ISO 80. I've got some that expired in 2003 that I still shoot at box speed; it maybe tends to be a little underexposed, but since it's slide film I'd rather err in that direction than overexpose. Most likely you'll see a shift toward the magenta.
    I agree, Kodak E 6 usually holds up pretty well if stored halfway reasonably.
    I have a large lot of EPP from '92 that still shoots well and most I go is iso 80 but if looks okay still @ 100

EPP is a bit grainy but keeps really well.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'd over-expose at least one stop and x-process it. E6 processing is getting expensive enough, around Toronto at least, not to bother with something this iffy. Your call.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Try cross processing?

Don't expect great results. Ideally, use it as shelf queen decor. Don't risk it for valuable images. Try cross processing. Recently during a cleanout at home I came across a long forgotten metal container with TWENTY, yes, 20, rolls of Ektachrome 120 films put away around 2000, and completely forgotten. Doubt it would be any good for slides. I shot one roll at box speed in my Rolleiflex T with 16 exposure kit, cross processed it in C41 in my Jobo with already well used Tetenal C41 chemicals, and... wow, the results. Weird and wonderful colors. Have one print of our cat on the wall, wild pinks, lime greens, fuschia eyes, red teeth. Hollywood Technicolor gone haywire. So why not try it and see what you get? to me, unexpected results are half the fun of film photography.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin