Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,568   Posts: 1,545,439   Online: 1081

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

fujichrome provia 100 35mm film availability

I wanted to replenish my supply of Provia 100, and found to my dismay that the major on-line photo suppliers in the USA--B&H, Adorama, Amazon--report it is not available, nor do they have any word from Fujifilm as to when it will be.

Just curious to know about availability outside the USA: any recent information?

Thanks.

Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Amazon USA (Calumet) has some http://www.amazon.com/Fujifilm-Fujic...7218116&sr=8-2, I understand it's discontinued in the UK, but there is still a fair amount about because they are still selling existing stocks .
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Provia 100F has been discontinued in the UK,surely not?. Finally settled on Provia 100F and Velvia 50 for E6.

Shooter
    35mm
    I thought Astia and some flavours of Sensia had been stopped, not Provia?

As an aside, I love whoever came up with the names of Fuji's 90's E6 films - Velvia, Astia, Provia, Sensia...
    OM-2n, 50/1.8 (Black) | AE-1 Program, 50/1.8 (Silver)
    flickr.
    My other little piece of the Web.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've heard nothing about Provia 100 being killed off.

I love the names also, in fact, I think Astia would be a great name for a girl...
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Freestyle seems to have plenty of Provia 100F, but Adorama and B&H show basically all their Fuji slide films as backordered. Maybe there are supply issues connected with the aftermath of the tsunami and Fukushima meltdown, and the big New York shops didn't have as long-lasting a back stock as the smaller film-centric suppliers? I'm just guessing, but that seems like a possibility.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    CORRECTION - Sorry I'm wrong, I remember reading somewhere that Provia 100F had been discontinued , but on checking further that was only 4x5 quick loads.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    FWIW, with the last discontinuation notice from Fuji, Provia 100F was the recommended replacement in 135 for Sensia.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    phew,good to hear it's still available. A few of the popular mail order film suppliers in the UK still have stocks. I think the last batch of Provia 100F was expiry dated 03/2013.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was talking to the people at Glazer's in Seattle a week or so ago and they indicated that it was very difficult to get stock of any Fuji film products. They attributed the cause to continuing after effects of the earthquake and tsunami on the manufacturing and supply chain.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin