Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,701   Posts: 1,482,636   Online: 776

Shooter
    Multi Format

Looking for true analog proofing from 120 / 220 C-41 negs...

Forgive me if there is a source for this, I have not found it in what has now been 40 minutes of searching.

I am starting to shoot some color neg, Portra and Ektar in my Hasselblad and I am looking for *real* analog proofing from C-41 negs. Anyway, on a recommendation of a friend of mine, I used a lab that we both thought would be doing true analog, not scanned, medium format proofing. Well the 3 rolls of 220 Portra 400 came back looking perfect and thank god, uncut. But it turned out that they were scanned prints, the contrast and print exposure was not good.

I am looking for a lab that is doing true analog proofing and I know I have seen a running list around here somewhere...

Anyone know of a good lab still doing this?

Thanks,

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Dan,
    Blue Moon Camera and Machine of Portland, Oregon does optical printing. I don't know about proofs. You could inquire with them. They are an advertiser here on APUG.
    Dave
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Goose Nest (near Martinsburg), West Virginia
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blue Moon does indeed do proofing, if what you mean are machine prints done at the time of development (or later, if you keep the roll uncut). See their services page at:

http://bluemooncamera.com/services.php

--John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks!

Good thing the rolls are not cut, I will send them out on Monday..

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin