Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,888   Posts: 1,520,741   Online: 1105

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    The main issues it that the concentrate bottles seal poorly and one of my developer parts is slowly going magenta therefore I think that careful re-bottling in glass is called for for any concentrate not mixed up immediately when you open a kit.
    Thank you for this update. I've been subscribed to this thread hoping.

So long as we have one another to rely on we'll muddle through no matter what we have to do to make photographs.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Further update: I rebottled the concentrates in glass and under butane and something is crystallising out of the developers - I can see a "shell" of clear crystalline matter forming on the bottom of the glass bottles. I made up a batch recently and while it works and the contrast is right, there is a distinct blue tint so I suspect a correction to CD pH is required.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I'm basically posting EVERYWHERE ... anyone with a Fuji E6 kit in the states?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yep, the postie.

Shooter
    35mm
    Use a squirt of butane or gas duster gas on the concerntrates before tightly replacing the caps, that will sort them out or rebottle them to the brim. The tetenal E6 ones seal well, which is what i use so butane or gas duster works well. Tetenal working solutions i have kept at just below room temperature in a cupboard under the kitchen sink, in airtight collapsable bottles tightly capped. Longest i have kept a good working solution is 3 months, i usually use them to capacity well before then.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jm94 View Post
    Use a squirt of butane or gas duster gas on the concerntrates before tightly replacing the caps, that will sort them out or rebottle them to the brim. The tetenal E6 ones seal well, which is what i use so butane or gas duster works well. Tetenal working solutions i have kept at just below room temperature in a cupboard under the kitchen sink, in airtight collapsable bottles tightly capped. Longest i have kept a good working solution is 3 months, i usually use them to capacity well before then.
    I'm going to try what someone else suggested some kind of gas from freestyle, but where do you just buy butane? like, from a bernzomatic torch gun from home depot?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    BBQ- or cigarette-lighter refills from the hardware store. Usually comes in ~300g cans.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    BBQ- or cigarette-lighter refills from the hardware store. Usually comes in ~300g cans.
    But how do you get it in there? they don't have a spray head, it's like a little nub, and how do you know how much to put in before all the oxygen is gone? Thanks for the suggestion I'm just confused because I'm unfamiliar with this whole process.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Squirt a good blast of butane in the bottle to displace most of the air and keep squirting the liquid butane against the inside of the neck of the bottle for a second so that an icy crust forms, then you put the lid on. As the crust evaporates, the pressure in the bottle will go way up so you then release about half the pressure with the lid, which will get rid of most of the rest of the air. Don't let it get quite back down to atmospheric pressure - you want any osmosis/leakage to be outwards.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Squirt a good blast of butane in the bottle to displace most of the air and keep squirting the liquid butane against the inside of the neck of the bottle for a second so that an icy crust forms, then you put the lid on. As the crust evaporates, the pressure in the bottle will go way up so you then release about half the pressure with the lid, which will get rid of most of the rest of the air. Don't let it get quite back down to atmospheric pressure - you want any osmosis/leakage to be outwards.
    One further point to be added to the above.

It is best to refrain from smoking and avoid open flames while you do this.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin